Request help with current Nav Radio Firmware
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Request help with current Nav Radio Firmware in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I bought a used Denso Nav Unit #25734875 to put in a 2002 Seville. When I plugged it in I ...
    Hawk58 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Request help with current Nav Radio Firmware

I bought a used Denso Nav Unit #25734875 to put in a 2002 Seville. When I plugged it in I got the message " Cannot load system software, disk type incorrect, please insert correct system disk". I've read most of the threads already in the forums and need the firmware disk to fix this issue. Already know the disk is only available to the dealers but know some of you experts have a copy. Ask for your assistance in providing the electrons for the disk.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Request help with current Nav Radio Firmware

There is no firmware "disc" for an '02 Seville addressing those concerns.
    What disc are you using for data?
    You might have a bad nav disc or a bad unit.
    There is a TSB that calls for part number 19115256 for some concerns but yours does not match.
    You could try it if you can get your hands on one.
    You might call the nav disc center and see if they will sell you one.
    It says for dealers the first one is free, but subsequent purchases are $50 a piece. Maybe you can just buy it for that?
    I can't guarantee it would work....but.

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

PM sent.

Chazglenn3 thankyou for your response! I couldnt PM you back as I haven't posted enough. Ewill3rd thankyou also for your response as well. While you may not be aware of it as this is an older NAV radio, TSB 02-08-44-015B addresses a few obscure problems with this Nav radio, more importantly Disk #19115256 contains the most current firmware/software for this version radio. While this disc may still be available to GM Dealers through the Nav Disc Center, it is not available to johnQpublic and is not available through the GM parts system. This particular radio I have either had corrupt software or lost the software load, maybe because the internal memory battery died and the radio was removed from the vehicle. I have replaced the battery, but need to reload the software. This situation is not unlike a computer motherboard that looses its CMOS settings when the internal memory battery dies and the computer is unplugged. This radio will not accept any NavDisc when it looses it's firmware load and displays the message on the screen I noted in the first message. The firmware problem has been addressed by half a dozen folks on a few different sections of cadillac forums. I was just hoping that one of another forum members would be willing to share the disc data with me as I could not acquire it through any of my GM sources, probably due to proprietary concerns.

eyekandyboats.inc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)

when you turn on your unit. does the from face pop out instantly to let you insert a disk?

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician

Roger that, I haven't done the disc or I'd have a copy.
    I have seen that error message and had to replace some radios before too.

Eyekandyboats,

I can't remember if the radio face opened instantly at first because it was a few months ago, when I attempted the install, but the face displayed all the messages noted in the pictures in a previous thread and then stuck open and would not close. I pulled the radio back out and put another in since I didn't have the firmware disc and the Tech II was no help. Thanks to another member, and previous posts with pictures, I now have the firmware to resolve the issue.

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

When the firmware is blank the NAV unit will display the previous mentioned messaged and will answer to no button except TILT (as long as is pressed in the first X seconds from power on). The screen will tilt to accept the firmware disk. If disk inside will eject it once it tilts. Will accept no other command except TILT (witch in fact is eject disk) until the firmware is installed (meaning the screen will be stuck tilted). Will only eject disks (with the screen tilted) if the TILT button is pressed in the first X seconds from power on.
    Once the firmware disk is inserted in about 1 min will display a progress bar for about 1 min. When the progress bar is 100% will retract the screen up and beep ~4 times. After this if is connected to a car data bus will display the home screen (ignition ON), if not will turn the button lights after ~10 seconds (practically power off and respond to no command – i.e. will keep the firmware disk captive, until connected to the car data bus or firmware erase).

N*Caddy-Great info thanks.

eyekandyboats.inc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)

hawk i will try to load a image of the CD onto my server and see if you can download it and burn it onto a disk
    N*caddy.
    there is full power to my unit. since i unpluged it there is alwayse a data line to it. so it only needs to be rebooted when the power go out( replacing a dead battery).
    also i found yet another secret screen.
    BTW the GPS antenna DID need to be calibrated before we used it.. i found that out... that is why it wasnt moving up to par... also it can not be near a magnetic object ( such as a speaker)

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

The GPS antenna has no issue sitting near a magnet object (heck the back of the antenna is a magnet – very strong one) as long as the antenna and/or the magnet do not move one in respect to the other. You would like to keep the GPS antenna away from a cell phone, blue tooth device of any sort of radio transmitter (but cell phone is the most important ~ 2 feet away).
    Also do not obscure the antenna with metal objects. Has no issue sitting under a plastic panel or window (as long as is not heated window or tinted with a metal base layer).

mitchell.bunce is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac Seville SLS

N*caddy, do u have the 19115256 disc or able to send it to me to download?

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

The disc has been posted. See the thread in this section.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

I am presently looking for the Firmware File for the 2002-05 Denso Nav units for the Deville and Seville
    but i don;t see the link that i think used to be in here for this file
    does anyone have the image that cane email me so i can load to a disc ?

lauder is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Where do I get a firmware CD for my Nav unit in a 2007 GMC Denali?
    Not the map DVD. I have that. But when ejected the unit asks to install the correct system disc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.