DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!) - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; i just got the cadillac escalade ext, so did anyone figure out how to get the dvd to play in ...
    tman20 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!)

i just got the cadillac escalade ext, so did anyone figure out how to get the dvd to play in the front screen while the truck is moving?

karlisbored is offline Cadillac Owners Member

there is company out in CA that makes unit for all 2007 gm nav and new sts escalade that is plug and play for only like 300$ not bad if you pay 40000 for the car

vspadeasr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smile Re: DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!)

I just bought a 2003 Deville and I tried the Pin mentioned throughout the forums 1791 and it works. Hold music note button down for 5 seconds, the numeric keypad will come up...enter 1791 and return and ifm your Nav is same as mine, DVD will play while moving!

paulwallbaby is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ground the brown (parking/brake) wire from the head unit

thats it

22jarige is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulwallbaby View Post
    ground the brown (parking/brake) wire from the head unit

thats it
    For wich car ?

btw anyone kind enough to email me the removed schematical diagrams of http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/doclib.html rein206gti@hotmail.com tnx

Only1faith is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I currently own a 2005 CTS-V and would like to disable the safety interlock feature on the DVD player. Can any provide any information on this request?

Only1Faith

Hockeydad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2005 (Red Line)

Quote Originally Posted by Only1faith View Post
    I currently own a 2005 CTS-V and would like to disable the safety interlock feature on the DVD player. Can any provide any information on this request?

Only1Faith

Here's what I posted a few pages ago....I have an 05 "V" and this works with no problem.

Thanks for the reply....I did some more searching and found out some more info about the process found at Reed's Place

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/dvdmotion.html

The key is to perform the button mash twice...the first time you will get the cold reset screen...that's O.K. it's supposed to do that...just do the button sequence again and the movie will still be playing...release the parking brake and viola...rolling DVD enjoyment. Some folks have stated that the headlamp switch can't be in the auto position but mine worked in both settings.

bpitas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

It took me a little while to figure out *exactly*what the key sequence was to get the CTS-V fix to work, and for me the best method to get it to work was to hold down the "next track" button (right "seek" arrow) and then tap and release the second button from the bottom, then release the parking brake. Works every time without fail, where for me the "double tap" method didn't work every time.
    I think what's basically happening is that you're getting the diagnostic screen for the nav unit, which probably stops it from listening to the data bus temporarily, but for some reason the DVD picture & sound has priority over the diag screen so you're not seeing it. If you do that same key sequence while you're NOT watching a DVD you get the diag screen which on my '04 CTS-V allows you to cold-start the GPS (not recommended - when I did that my car thought it was on Manhattan Beach in California and driving off into the ocean, and took a good 5-10 minutes to re-aquire a GPS fix). There's also some Nav system version information in there.
    I think the best technical solution to this problem would be to create a filter that would read the messages on the data bus, and allow everything through except for whatever two messages tell the Nav system that you've released the parking brake and you're moving more than 3mph. I don't know if it's just my imagination or not, but it seems like the nav system allows you to enter destination addresses and stuff for a little while if you're moving very slowly. It could be that it allows entry under a certain mph (like 3mph or something) or it could also be that the vehicle speed is only broadcast on the data bus with a certain frequency and the message just hasn't gotten to every module yet...
    Unless the Nav system is doing the "speed > 0" or "speed > 3mph" calculation internally based on the vehicle speed being available on the data bus, it should be possible to filter out the "parking brake release" and "vehicle moving" messages without crippling any other functionality of the Nav system, like the distance travelled functionality that allows the nav system to tell where you are even when you're in a tunnel and don't have a GPS signal.

-B

PS: I'm not a digital signal guy, so I would have no idea how to selectively filter out certain data bus messages, but it might be as easy as just having a couple of NAND gates and comparing the messages coming across the bus against some dip switches that represent the message you're trying to filter out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeydad View Post
    Here's what I posted a few pages ago....I have an 05 "V" and this works with no problem.

Thanks for the reply....I did some more searching and found out some more info about the process found at Reed's Place

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/dvdmotion.html

The key is to perform the button mash twice...the first time you will get the cold reset screen...that's O.K. it's supposed to do that...just do the button sequence again and the movie will still be playing...release the parking brake and viola...rolling DVD enjoyment. Some folks have stated that the headlamp switch can't be in the auto position but mine worked in both settings.

Rmbrantl is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    Hey, did you ever get a solution to the DVD problem of it not playing while out of "Park"?

Excellent vehicle but this DVD thing is driving me nuts.

Anybody figure out the patch or bypass to make this work?

Andy
    New to this site, so here goes, go online to TVand NAV2go they have the adapter we need at least they say they do, don't know how much yet but going to find out . Just found this place my self. I'm like you want to be able to watch DVD while in motion at least my wife or me if shes drivin god forbid. Thanks

yuenvy830 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i have a 06 dts i tried hitting the musical note for 5 seconds but all that happened was that it went to the sound menu options and did nothing, is there anyhting else i can do for this vehicle

mtiglio is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I would like the info, I'm Mike at mtiglio@msn.com

tkbogie05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does anyone know of a code for an 05 STS system?

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

Anyone figure out the STS-V Nav DVD play while moving mod?

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

I can hear the movie playing while moving, I just can't see it. It has to be a software trigger somewhere.

sweet_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What's the trick? Instructions, please.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.