DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!) - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I had a rear view camera installed, and not only can I see waht's bhind me in reverse, but with ...
    skyking9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smile Re: DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!)

I had a rear view camera installed, and not only can I see waht's bhind me in reverse, but with a swithch, I can watch DVD's any time. Works GREAT!!

cduncan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!)

Easy fix!! On the right hand side button have e brake on start DVD hold second button from the bottom(maybe 3rd) don't have the V with me right now. simutaniously while holding the right hand side button push seek button lower right side. Let brake off and whalla you should be playing!! buttons may differ on different years, your DVD has to be past the previews and all the way to the movie, if you stop it you will have to proceed with above instruction again.

JBuckleyUD is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Has anyone figured out how to activate the controls on the DVD player WHILE IN motion. I like the trick that allows you to play DVD's but it would be better if my wife was able to skip chapters and change discs without having to stop. I have taken the Nav and the gear shift apart but I dont know which wires control the DVD override.

T-Shockee Rodgers is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yes. This a 1st. for me as you know my 02, & 03 and now 05 I re-did them all from top to bottom.

But now me and the wife just got me a new 07 and this baby is fulled up. And my 1st not black. But it have the same thing 8" nav. dvd. but when you go in park it go in OFF!!!! can any one help. I'll pay baby to play. It have a 6 dis. DVD Cg. I will like to keep theat but just stay on when I go out of park. And I will like to add TV's to me heads off this DVD Cg, in the suv/AWD 07 X-Lad. And if you can tell me how to let my back up when out of park ( The back come up To) I will be good untill the P ESV come out for 08 I will get that for the wife and kill the 05. You did!? HELP HELP!!!

strayCatcatera is offline Cadillac Owners Member

alright i am not sure about a 03 cts but on my 02 DTS i have a dvd nav system factory and above the volume control there is a buttom to access your sound adjustments ie. bass trebble and mid well hold that buttonfor like 5-10 seconds and a dealer access menu pops up put in code 1791 then press the enter button and rtn after that play your dvd when you shift out of park the image button on your dvd menu should appear prees it and it should cont playing if it did not already. there is a guy selling this code on ebay for $15 **** that he will " email the code i didnt fall for that
    goodluck

Gregs135 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by cduncan
    Easy fix!! On the right hand side button have e brake on start DVD hold second button from the bottom(maybe 3rd) don't have the V with me right now. simutaniously while holding the right hand side button push seek button lower right side. Let brake off and whalla you should be playing!! buttons may differ on different years, your DVD has to be past the previews and all the way to the movie, if you stop it you will have to proceed with above instruction again.

Didn't work on my 06 cts

nightriderjamie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Anyone figured out a way for the passenger to watch movies or operate the navigation on the front screen while the car is in motion without having to take the system apart?

A similar trick to the holding down of the musical note sure would be great if someone knew of something similar that would work on the 2007 Escalade.

FlyFlip420 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Gregs135
    Didn't work on my 06 cts
    for the cts you need to have the car in park, hold the second to bottom readio preset button and the forward search cd button for about two or three seconds and then put it in park.....the movie has to already be playin though.....check out cadillacfaq.com do a search and you will find more detailed instructions

nightriderjamie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Is there a method like what is described above that will work on a 2007 Escalade?

xj_matt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

When i push that music symbol button for 10 seconds it just comes up with version numbers for the software and no where you can enter a code in. How can i make this work on my 06 escalade? It has the touchscreen dvd nav and i cannot figure out how i can input the 1791 code.

FlyFlip420 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

best bet is to post this on the escalade forum.....those guys will know for sure.....I only know for my car, and i bet most of them dont come in here often.......but will have the answer....if not......get a CTS

Farris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille

I, too, have the 2005 Escalade Touch Screen Navigation Radio. I read most of the previous 101 postings in regard to watching a DVD on the radio. I never did see a procedure for overriding the system. Does anyone know the answer to overriding a 2005 - 2006 Escalade Radio? Thanks, Bob

Farris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille

Does anyone know the procedure to override a 2005 - 2006 Escalade Touch Screen Radio so you can watch DVD's? Thanks, Bob

negri21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

well i just read up on all of this override. I have an 05 CTS-V, manual. So the DVD NAV only works with the parking brake on. Has anyone found that parking break wire and grounded to a ground, or even wired it to a switch to make it think the brake was on? I know that all the HIGH end units have built in GYRO sensors that can tell when the unit is in motion and will disable video, im sure the GM guys are that smart though. Any input would help. Thanks

negri21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.