DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!) - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Well i can point you in the right direction as i am a professional car audio installer. On front seat ...
    mikes93sedandeville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 SedanDeville

Re: DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!)

Well i can point you in the right direction as i am a professional car audio installer. On front seat dvd packages by law wea re required to ground the dvd to a parking brake so that when the parking brake is engaged you can watch the dvd player but when you take it off it will only dispaly a screen saver or w/e your dvd shows. Now all we do if we wanted to bypass it is to ground that wire anywhere and viola you can watch whole driving. If i had a wire schematic for the dvd/nav system i could probably pinpoint GMs wire they use to ground out. My guess would probably be like on the nuetral start safety switch or transmission because thats most likely where your sensor is to send the out of park signal.

JBuckleyUD is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Here is the wiring diagrams, let me know what wire has to be grounded.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/doclib.html

loanman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypoop
    Hey if anyone of you want to have DVD Movies play on you nav done the right way without a lot of hasssle, Contact me....I will take care of it for you....

In Las Vegas i can install this for you....otherwise you can do it yourself...it is about a 2 hour job that is fairly easy for a person who has installed a stereo before...
    How do we contact you? I am interested in this as I have a 03 escalade with a 05 touchscreen nav and I know that you can open it up and solder some wires in and make it work do you know how to do this?

hmorse is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: DVD Nav Override?

Just got a 2006 STS with push button start. Has anyone figured out a way to bypass the motion sensor so the navi screen and the bluetooth phone screen will work when in motion???

HELP! It is so annoying.

heekim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs up Re: DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!)

where I can get it. please let me know.
    xgate21@yahoo.co.kr

The kit to watch TV in you Cadillac is about $600 email me and I will tell you where to get it !!!

I am more concerned about using the navigation system and the bluetooth phone system while the vehicle is in motion. Perhaps whatever you are talking about will also do this??

Please let me know if it can, and if it has been tried on a 2006 STS-V8. If you tell me who has it, perhaps I can inquire of them dirtectly.

Thank you,

Harvey

heekim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

where to get it? please mail me,

xgate21@yahoo.co.kr

thank you

throttlezone is offline Cadillac Owners Member

HMorse,

I have an 06 STS as well and am feeling the same frusterations. I have tried to get someone at the dealer to give me the secret override, but they insist there is not one. They fall back to use the voicetags to dial the bluetooth phone while in motion.

Also for nav they claim you can do most anything with voice commands.

I have found that the voice activation works about 1/2 the time, the other 1/2 you get lots of fun suprises....There has to be an override somewhere to allow you to use the systems while in motion!

I agree, the voice system does not work well at all. Onstar's phone voice system seems to work far better, but their cost per minute is way out of whack.

truetxchick is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wink Re: DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!)

I went to a place that sells wheels and installs all kinds of car stuff including dvd players and they told me that for $625.00 they could do what they call a navigation conversion and that it would then play dvd movies so I hope thi helps you guys? I think the best idea is putting one in the visor on the passengers side and one in the back of each head rest!

Do you have the name and phone of the dealer? I would like to speak with them.

SL1CK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Seville STS

Quote Originally Posted by Father Ray
    Anything more than 30 minutes and
    she starts bitching.
    As informative as this thread was, this was the only thing that made me wonder......

roboniko is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exclamation Re: DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!)

I still don't have a fix either, however this mayh be a clue for the more inclined. We install radars in policed cars. The newer units plug into the harness for the computer and this senses the motion of the vehicle thru the speedo. This in turn switches the radar unit from stationary to moving mode. I beleive this is the same thing for the cadillac. As with my STS, I can watch movies and use the phone in drive but as soon as I start to move, the system switches over, when you stop it comes back.

perhaps another location for you hackers to look for.......

Shaggy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 STS

That 1791 code did the trick. Thanks alot!!

Shaggy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 STS

Maybe I spoke too soon. While I can have the DVD playing while I drive, now the voice commands don't work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.