Cadillac Owners Forum banner
288K views 182 replies 124 participants last post by  Cadillacjask07 
#1 ·
:cowboy: Howdy friends!

Just picked up my new CTS last night. This thing is
fully loaded and beautifiul! The DVD Nav / Computer is,
naturally, the coolest part... And when I discovered it
ALSO plays DVDs, I thought I was in heaven!

You see, the only way I can get my wife to quiet down
for a long road trip is to stick a movie in front of her.
She's like a kid. Anything more than 30 minutes and
she starts bitching.

Anyway, I discovered quickly that you can only play
movies when the transmission is in "PARK". Bummer.

However, I completely understand Cadillac's thinking
on this. It's a no-brainer. ("LOCAL MAN FLIES-OFF
BRIDGE WHILE WATCHING MATRIX DVD - GMC SUED" ...etc)

But for us RESPONSIBLE drivers, there HAS to be a 'trick'
to overriding the system. I'd like to avoid buying a
portable DVD player if possible.

Is there a way to allow your passenger to watch DVDs
while the cars moving?

C'mon you hackers! Whaddya got? :worship:

See less See more
#137 ·
now im not sure if any one has already done this or said this but you know the wire that sences that the trannsmission is in park, wire a switch to that so that way when you flip the switch on it senses the car is in park and then you can watch the DVD... i don't know how it works exactly but i have seen it done...

#138 ·
Taaadddaaaa!!!!!!!
Here are the steps to be driving, riding, and watching (Be safe, if you are diving, do not watch screen!!)

Step 1 Put in DVD.
Step 2 Play DVD (Do not leave it at the front menu, if you do not start the DVD you will not be able to start it after you begin to drive.)
Step 3 While playing - Hit the second from the bottom buttons on the right hand side of the DVD screen and then press the forward Seek Button. (You will see a little flicker)
NOTE: If you see a differnt screen with the words "cold reboot" on it, press the same button combination AGAIN and it should go back to the DVD...

Step 4 Now disable the parking break and make sure that the DVD stays on.
Step 5 Enjoy CTS brothers & sisters!

If you did everything correct you will notice that all the features are disabled. If you are at the main menu of the dvd you will not be able to select play movie or any features.

If you would like to stop the dvd, you must hit the top right button first. Then it will bring up the safety lock if you are in motion or parking break off.

#143 ·
Isn't there a better way yet to get the DVD top play, instead of going through the whole preocess explained on the previous page? It would be a pain in the but once I'm cruising down the freeway and decide to pop a dvd in, but have to pull over on the side of the road to do the button trick first.

#154 ·
I did it! I found it!

I accidentally found how to get the PIN Code key touch pad on the 2007 model of Cadillac SRX.

It is Japanaese version, so it may look different on yours but try to do on the same way.

First, set DVD and watch it, and puch "Menu" botton like the picture below.

Second, select the "Disp Menu" (or something like that in English) Tag and Push and hold the left bottom of the screen for about 5 sec like the picture below.

Third, now the screen shows the Key Pad like the picture below!!!!!

HOWEVER!!! The key pad asks me 6DIGITS of the code!!!!!!!
Could someone help to find it???!!!!

#156 ·
So far, PIN CODE "295660" and "660" gives me some instesting Diagnostic mode.
But with this "660" code, you have to push and hold the power switch until the power goes down to return to the normal screen.
So, I think it doesn't have to be 6 digits since code 660 does something.

The Code 295660 also works on some Corvette and some Range Rover with Denso system.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1204336&page=19
http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/vi...start=15&sid=519ab8fe7fc1bf8787fd0b3df8b2545d

#157 ·
Here are the steps to be driving, riding, and watching (Be safe, if you are diving, do not watch screen!!)
# Step 1 Put in DVD.
# Step 2 Play DVD (Do not leave it at the front menu, if you do not start the DVD you will not be able to start it after you begin to drive.)
# Step 3 While playing - Hit the second from the bottom buttons on the right hand side of the DVD screen and then press the forward Seek Button. (You will see a little flicker)
NOTE: If you see a differnt screen with the words "cold reboot" on it, press the same button combination AGAIN and it should go back to the DVD...

# Step 4 Now disable the parking break and make sure that the DVD stays on.
# Step 5 Enjoy

If you did everything correct you will notice that all the features are disabled. If you are at the main menu of the dvd you will not be able to select play movie or any features.

If you would like to stop the dvd, you must hit the top right button first. Then it will bring up the safety lock if you are in motion or parking break off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.