Cadillac Owners Forum banner
288K views 182 replies 124 participants last post by  Cadillacjask07 
#1 ·
:cowboy: Howdy friends!

Just picked up my new CTS last night. This thing is
fully loaded and beautifiul! The DVD Nav / Computer is,
naturally, the coolest part... And when I discovered it
ALSO plays DVDs, I thought I was in heaven!

You see, the only way I can get my wife to quiet down
for a long road trip is to stick a movie in front of her.
She's like a kid. Anything more than 30 minutes and
she starts bitching.

Anyway, I discovered quickly that you can only play
movies when the transmission is in "PARK". Bummer.

However, I completely understand Cadillac's thinking
on this. It's a no-brainer. ("LOCAL MAN FLIES-OFF
BRIDGE WHILE WATCHING MATRIX DVD - GMC SUED" ...etc)

But for us RESPONSIBLE drivers, there HAS to be a 'trick'
to overriding the system. I'd like to avoid buying a
portable DVD player if possible.

Is there a way to allow your passenger to watch DVDs
while the cars moving?

C'mon you hackers! Whaddya got? :worship:

See less See more
#102 ·
I, too, have the 2005 Escalade Touch Screen Navigation Radio. I read most of the previous 101 postings in regard to watching a DVD on the radio. I never did see a procedure for overriding the system. Does anyone know the answer to overriding a 2005 - 2006 Escalade Radio? Thanks, Bob

#104 ·
well i just read up on all of this override. I have an 05 CTS-V, manual. So the DVD NAV only works with the parking brake on. Has anyone found that parking break wire and grounded to a ground, or even wired it to a switch to make it think the brake was on? I know that all the HIGH end units have built in GYRO sensors that can tell when the unit is in motion and will disable video, im sure the GM guys are that smart though. Any input would help. Thanks

#106 ·
#109 ·
Thanks for the reply....I did some more searching and found out some more info about the process found at Reed's Place

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/dvdmotion.html

The key is to perform the button mash twice...the first time you will get the cold reset screen...that's O.K. it's supposed to do that...just do the button sequence again and the movie will still be playing...release the parking brake and viola...rolling DVD enjoyment. Some folks have stated that the headlamp switch can't be in the auto position but mine worked in both settings. Just remember KEEP YOUR EYES TO THE JOB AT HAND WHILE DRIVING.... have fun. "V"s ROCK:thumbsup:

#112 ·
Hey Brother...I searched this and other forums for the better part of a week...there are at least 3 other forums that mention this subject...some of us were bothered enough to perform a search. :poke: I just asked for some help and some clarification on the process as I was performing the steps correctly but was too stupid to realize it was correct. I understand your frustration, if there wasn't so many other threads about the same thing then my search would have been easier. But Santa brought me a V and I can watch my DVD so have fun and....Merry Christmas:xsmile:

#115 ·
There is now a seller on Ebay selling an override system for 07 Escalade. Search ebay for item no 150071452818 or seller id boggy111. It is about $600. Company name is Platinum Mobile in NY at 718-339-0099. I wrote one buyer who said it took an hour to install and worked fine. Wish I could get a referral fee but really, just passing on what I found as I appreciate all of you who do the same.

#117 ·
I read a few pages of this thread and thought I might know something you could try -
my friend bought an aftermarket in-dash monitor with dvd, etc. I wired it all in for him. There was a wire that was supposed to run to the parking brake. Only problem, we wanted it to work all the time, another problem, too much of a pain in the ass to get the wire down to the parking brake. I figured out how this mechanism works - when the parking brake is engaged, 12 volts (common electrical current for almost if not all car accessories) is used to send a signal to several things in the car - light on dash or in instrument cluster to tell you the parking brake is on, etc. since it only played when the wire was receiving 12 volts from the engaged parking brake.

THE FIX - I went to the wiring harness for the monitor - unwrapped the electrical tape and soldered the wire onto the 12 volt positive wire and re-taped. Works like a charm all the time now.

#120 ·
To watch a movie in my 04 CTS I put in movie and let it begin to play. Car is running and in park, on the right of the screen push the second to the bottom(radio preset) button and the rectangular seek/cd discskip button forward>(push to the right) at the same time and hold for 2 sec. Drive Safe... I have heard different variations work on diff. cads. Try preset then push forward seek or seek then preset. Hope it works!

#127 ·
I currently own a 2005 CTS-V and would like to disable the safety interlock feature on the DVD player. Can any provide any information on this request?

Only1Faith

Here's what I posted a few pages ago....I have an 05 "V" and this works with no problem.

Thanks for the reply....I did some more searching and found out some more info about the process found at Reed's Place

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/dvdmotion.html

The key is to perform the button mash twice...the first time you will get the cold reset screen...that's O.K. it's supposed to do that...just do the button sequence again and the movie will still be playing...release the parking brake and viola...rolling DVD enjoyment. Some folks have stated that the headlamp switch can't be in the auto position but mine worked in both settings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.