DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!) - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Does anyone know which wire/wires coming off the transmition or the nav can have a switch added to bypass the ...
    JBuckleyUD is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!)

Does anyone know which wire/wires coming off the transmition or the nav can have a switch added to bypass the safety interlock. I know how to press lock the unit and watch DVD's but I want full control. Any ideas?? I have heard that it has something to do with the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) but I do not know which wire it is. Please Help!!

hansb is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I've got an '02 EXT and I just replaced the stock stereo with a Panasonic N-2 nav/radio. I then replaced the stock 6 cd changer with a Power Acoustics DVD/CD/MP3 player and connected it to the Nav-2 as an input. Now I can watch a movie and have nav going at the same time on the units 6.5" screen. I then replaced the audio controls on the rear of the center console and put outputs there (audio & video) so that I can connect to a portable screen for the rear seat passenger (haven't gotten into other screens yet, but I will) This way, the rear seat passengers can watch or listen to whatever they want (and control it via remote) via the power acoustics player. I can alternately have DVD, Nav or both on my screen at the same time....

Pretty neat setup. It's also hooked to a rear view camera that comes on automatically in reverse.

Hans

Danowiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Try the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club Site and look in the audio video navi forums http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/index.html Look up Sperry, he has an Escalade Navi in his Avvy with a backup camera and video bypass. He can probably direct you where to get answers if he doesn't already know them.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~

Hi guys, i hope this helps some of you...

I do not have NAV, so i cannot try it out. It is for 2003-2005 CTS and CTS-V.

You already know how to trick the unit into playing a DVD (it has been posted in several forums) , and you also already know that you lose all funtions.. of FF, RW.

According to another poster, not me, as i am just passing this on and take no credit in finding it what so ever.

You can regain FF, and RW by programing, and useing them through the steering wheels preprogramable memmory buttons....

Let me know how you guys make out.

bkings is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If you hold the music symbol button down for about 5 seconds, then type 1791 on the keypad that should appear then hit enter.

You should then be able to play while in drive.

fishdood is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Is there a way to play DVD in the 05 STS while driving?

upstate is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have an 04 Deville with nav. The 1791 code works great. Thanks. Now my question is this something that someone stumbled on or is are there other tricks this puppy can do?

ASNJ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by kybanker
    I have an '05 CTS-V and have no problem watching dvd's while the car is in motion. There is a trick to it and you do have to do it everytime, but it sure is great watching on the factory system without any modifications. If anyone would still like to know how let me know.

So... what is the deal with this one?

BIGEE3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just got a new 2005 CTS. Can you please tell me how to override the dvd system so my wife can watch movies when the car is in drive. You can email me at bigee3@hotmail.com. thank you

BUN
    BUN is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Here's the answer to everyone's dream who want's to watch movies while driving go to this web site it work for me !!!
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/

ewhen58 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

just go to this site under faq's for dvd navigation and it will show you how to play the dvd out of park and driving,
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com/

ewo
    ewo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

The overide is easy. First put the DVD in the slot for the navigation DVD. Next engage the parking brake and let the DVD start to play. Select the play option for the DVD and let it start to play. On the keys on the right side of the display press the second key from the bottom and the CD select forward key simultaneously. Disengage the parking brake and voila it should allow you to drive off and watch your DVD

G Dub4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have the bypass for it call me 888 903-8777 ask for George it is a plug and system for all Cadillic's

jefflombardo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ok ok. i HAVE to post this! i found a solution to play your DVDs WHILE driving and without needing ANY mod! all you have to do is first - put your car in park...put the movie in. then on the right side (of where the 6 buttons are) put one finger on the 2nd to last button from the bottom and another finger on the seek > button. then tap both of them twice at the sametime - put your car back in drive and your DONE! its FREE, EASY - but it may take you a few times to get it right the first time but i PROMISE you it works. I play jay-z's dvd FADE to black so its a live concert in my car and i bump that shit all over hollywood. it's like a concert on wheels! let me know when you get it workin! remember - anything man made can be man broken!

powerglide is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Wow.....my mom took her Toyota into the dealer and complained about it not playing DVD,s and regular broadcast TV while driving so the mechanic at the dealership drove it to some shop where they installed a switch that 'fools' the system into thinking its in park.

She had it done to her previous model Toyota too (but back then , they disabled it right there at the dealership.....maybe they got into trouble)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.