DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!) - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; how about you watch the road instead?...
    Dead Sled is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!)

how about you watch the road instead?

antddaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05' STS 1SC

Quote Originally Posted by zx6racer
    The kit to watch TV in you Cadillac is about $600 email me and I will tell you where to get it !!!
    Perhaps there is information on modifing the 6disk/dvd changer to play on aftermarket screens in the rear or in the visor(passenger) for the new STS? ????I dont want to add a seperate changer...

dellafiora is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 2003 CTS with Navi. It appears there are 2 different versions of the navigation. The first is CD and the second is DVD. Based on your production date would determine which one you got. 2003 is the first yr for production. The earlier ones got the CD and the later got the DVD. Would the Cd version play DVDs?

They say that if you have a gray dash with several nav discs then you can't play DVD's? Anyone know if this is the case?

micfly is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by kybanker
    I have an '05 CTS-V and have no problem watching dvd's while the car is in motion. There is a trick to it and you do have to do it everytime, but it sure is great watching on the factory system without any modifications. If anyone would still like to know how let me know.
    Care to share?

I have a 2003 CTS with Navi. It appears there are 2 different versions of the navigation. The first is CD and the second is DVD. Based on your production date would determine which one you got. 2003 is the first yr for production. The earlier ones got the CD and the later got the DVD. Would the Cd version play DVDs? They say that if you have a gray dash with several nav discs then you can't play DVD's? Anyone know if this is the case? Any info at all on this?

monkeypoop is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey if anyone of you want to have DVD Movies play on you nav done the right way without a lot of hasssle, Contact me....I will take care of it for you....

In Las Vegas i can install this for you....otherwise you can do it yourself...it is about a 2 hour job that is fairly easy for a person who has installed a stereo before...

antddaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05' STS 1SC

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypoop
    Hey if anyone of you want to have DVD Movies play on you nav done the right way without a lot of hasssle, Contact me....I will take care of it for you....

In Las Vegas i can install this for you....otherwise you can do it yourself...it is about a 2 hour job that is fairly easy for a person who has installed a stereo before...

Have you worked on any 2005 STS yet.......!!! I havent found anyone yet with any information on the new system...

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

For the 2004 and 2005 CTS and CTS-V here are the instructions to play the DVD while driving...

-edit-: You must have the dvd version for this to work (2003 CTS has a CD based nav system).

Enjoy, but WATCH THE FREAKING ROAD!

Http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/dvdmotion.html

Reed
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com

Is there a way to make the CD based NAV system to play DVDs? If so please let me know where and how to get it...

sgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

Basically---NO. You can't make a CD player play DVD's. (You can't play cd's in a cassette player, can you?) " The times are a-changin' "

Thanks sgilbert

I just found this.

http://www.nav-vision.com/nphp/index.php

villian503 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i had a pioneer dvd player in my eldorado and it also had this problem. all i had to do was figure out which wire hooked to the park sensor on the deck. all you have to do is snip the wire and ground it on the deck side. this "fools" the nav unit into thinking it is in park. does this make sense? pm me for any questions

Boo'sCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

There was a thread a while back on how to do this....It works great, if i remember correctly you play the DVD in park, then you hold down the bottom 2 buttons on the right of the screen as well as the disc change button on the right side, then put the car in drive the DVD should remain playing....If this doesn't work do a search about a year back I got it off one of those threads...good luck

Escaladeskatinon24s is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm a little confused but I have a 2003 Escalade with nav. can I do that code thing and play DVD movies or doesn't that work in the escalade navi? Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.