DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!) - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; code 1791 did not work for 2006 dts anytone got another code??...
    yuenvy830 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: DVD Nav Override? (I wanna play movies!)

code 1791 did not work for 2006 dts anytone got another code??

roberts06sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS4

I have a 2006 STS-4 with the touchscreen navigation. I've read through all the post and really can't find anything for the 2006 sts.

Does anyone know how to override the safey feature on this?

thanks.

lap6950 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i have the same car if you get the code please let me know
    i will do the same for you if i find one
    lap6950@aol.com

smooth_caramel is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi, I just joined...HI!....., so I've very new to the Cadilllac nav system. I'm going to get (ebay) an install a factory nav in an '04 cts. I've read SOME of the "how to's" on adding the factory nav, but I'd like to do this "upgrade" also. This thread has 17 pgs to it now, so can anyone provide me with an abridged version of this thread......or like a link to a typed "how to" or something like that?

Roadmax is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v/ 2003 Escalade EXT

ok i also have 05 cts-v how do i go about watching movies while on the road? Appreciate any info. I need it for the rugrats...lol

TSS Taylor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS

I'm taking my car to the Car Stereo shop near me and they are going to take care of this for my 2008 CTS. Apparently they are installing a module to do this. When I go over there I will get the info for what they are putting in and will post the info back.

TSS Taylor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS

I got the "CTS Lockpick" and had it installed. Works great, though it's more distracting than I expected. I usually buy Music Concerts or Videos on DVD just for the amazing sound quality. It was around $300.

danboylerealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

I don't think it has anything to do with being in park. If you're in drive and the wheels aren't moving you can program the nav, so it must have something to do with the speedo or wheel motion.

marconcini is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS AWD

Hi All I'm new to this forum also. I did call Costaletech and inquired about their lockpick. apparently it does not work with the STS if it doesn't have a mute button. My 06 STS a\has the addaptive cruise controll so no mute button, anyone out there have any other tips?

galsgotclass is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Hi =)

I'm also new to the forum - and I know that at first glance people are going to get upset at my post - but PLEASE read all the way through! I would really appreciate some help - as a 21 y/o female, technology isn't exactly my #1 strength..

I have a 2006 CTS. I would like for my girlfriends to be able to watch DVDs on our roadtrip that is coming up in a little over a month. However, when I try the workaround (the one that is linked literally EVERYWHERE in this catergory's forums.. don't have the link atm but trust me, I've seen it), I press the 2 buttons together, it goes to the cold start (or whatever that screen is called) screen, and then I press the 2 buttons again.. the 2nd time I press the buttons, the sound comes back on, but the picture doesn't.. it stays at the cold whatever screen. HOW frustrating is this? VERY!

Now, also some things that I should probably mention are 1) when I press the music note key (as someone else suggested in one of the forums.. to put in some key code) all it does is change from DVD to Audio to blah blah.. doesn't bring up any way to enter a pass code.. and 2) I can't even have the car running (even w/ the parking brake on) to start a DVD.. it has to be completely off.. which is weird, apparently, from what I can gather from other posts.

If anyone has any ideas what I might need to do in order to get my picture back and be able to drive and watch the DVDs, I would LOVE to hear them.. even if they're just theories.. as I'm willing to try just about anything.

Thanks so much! I know it's a long post, but I tried to describe everything as in-depth as I possibly could!

glee1954 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Anyone know how to override navigation on 09 dts?

CadillacCollis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts,sts

Having the same problem 2006 cts nav only plays while car is off and key is in position 1 ...... Please help!!!!!!!!!!

schwendler is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS diamond white

What you want is CTS lockpick made by CoastalEtech
    You remove the radio. They have a video for installation
    cost $270.
    You can even change direction while driving

GTXgp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade AWD

So, a couple of pages ago someone mentioned that they got to the code screen on the new generation cars (07+), has anyone figured out what the code is yet or is the Coastal Tech (http://www.coastaletech.com/gen6lockpick.htm) the only easy way to go? I have an '08 Escalade and would like to find an easy solution for this.

Thanks,
    Adam

imorrin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Found a webiste that provides DVD override parts from my installer. It is call PAC products, and there is a place to enter your make model and order the part you need. I can't post a link but the website is pac-audio .com and there is a place to search for the part of whatever car you have! Good luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.