I need the software disk 19115256 Ver. 3.10 5 - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, I need the software disk 19115256 Ver. 3.10 5 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Nice. From what I've read you open the display and use the internal drive to read it (not the changer). ...
    Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Nice. From what I've read you open the display and use the internal drive to read it (not the changer). I vaguely recall there is like a 10? Second window to do this if not you have to power cycle and try again.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: I need the software disk 19115256 Ver. 3.10 5

well the instructions are right there in the cd jacket
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

kayla42 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 STS

Please Help! I also need the disc 19115256. Thank you

D Caddi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS '02

Hi guys, I also came across the same problem recently in my 2002 STS, had to change the battery and now i have no working head unit with the caution message reading across. I need this Software Disk GM Service Number 1911525. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

It's not very smart to post personal contact info in a worldwide chat site - there is a lot of scum that trolls around in here - you may get far, far more than you bargained for.

DO NOT, ever, ask for pirated copies of copyrighted software - CF cannot be a vehicle for transfer of illegal services. - you might well earn a vacation from the site.

DrRiis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02' SeVille SLS, 65' DeVille

Hi all, I'm in the need of the #19115256 firmware as mine lost :-/

Is there anyone out there that can provide me with a (active)link or info where to find it ?

Thanks,
    Rasmus

got you taken care of ... check your email
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

aeronca36606 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1985 Coupe Deville 4.1 & 1970 Eldorado 8.2

These radios have a lithium battery on the navigation processor board. This battery keeps the firmware in memory as this nav unit doesn't have a hard drive or non volatile memory. These batteries are reaching the end of their life. I would expect you will see a lot more of these dropping there firmware needing the Software Disk run. Unfortunately the battery is soldered onto the board and not user replaceable even though it is a standard lithium battery. It is similar to those used in computers. I have replaced mine and have had no further trouble. Everyone with one of these navigation radios that expects to keep there car should pick one of these disks up and keep it in case you loose the firmware.

uasasa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Seville (STS) 2002

Hello
    I am the owner of the car Cadillac Seville STS 2002. The problem with the car radio and navigation. Need a disk with software, catalog number 19115256. The dealer is none. I live in Ukraine. Help buy. Help will be grateful. Writing through translation.

Please Help. Nobody can help in my country. Buy disk to mail (schalyn2@gmail.com). I am looking for a very long time.I will be grateful.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

This may be an overseas request, but CF does not condone and will not support requests for pirated (copied) software.

0830 AM Post edited.

to buy, where it (19115256) can be?

Bought the CD catalog number 19115256. The instructions specified how to do software update. What's his record? I have it broken, the head unit is always on and the screen title (photo), the front panel in the open position and is only active TILT button - get the disc. What is the procedure of learning recorder. Thank you.
    I read somewhere: Press TILT, apply power, should be open front door. Does anyone have a detailed training procedure using the recorder drive after you replace the batteries in the radio.

N*Caddy wrote
    At this moment it can not do anything other than accept a firmware disk and install it automatically.
    The firmware for these units comes installed on a CD (CD not DVD) and has about 7.5 MB.
    To install the firmware:
    1. Get the firmware CD.
    2. Turn off the ignition and open one door (your NAV unit should power OFF).
    got a problem, I have it does not turn off, always active.What to do?
    3. Turn the ignition ON (ACC) and in the very first 5 seconds after the NAV powers up press TILT. (Caution with no firmware the screen will NEVER retract back, so once you tilt the screen you need to install the firmware in order to retract the screen back).
    4. Immediately after the screen tilts insert the firmware disk (the unit should pull the CD in). If no luck repeat step 2 and 3 just this time since the screen is already tilted you just insert the disk immediately after the unit power up.
    5. With the disk in you can only eject it (using tilt) in the first ~20 seconds after power up (if you need for some reason to cancel the firmware install).
    6. Once the CD is in the unit takes up to 1 min to read the disk and initiate the install procedure (just relax for the first minute or so is normal - looks like is frozen but in fact is doing stuff).
    7. Approximatively 1 minute after firmware disk is inserted a progress bar will show up. The progress bar will take about 1 minute to get from 0 to 100%. If the disk is scratched/damaged or for some reason the unit can't read it in less than 1 minute after disk is inserted a message should show up with something like "wrong disk....". You need to restart unit (step 1 + 2) eject disk, insert (same or other) disk again.
    8. Once the progress bar gets to 100% 3 beeps will be emitted, the screen will retract and you will be prompted with the Cadillac logo over the blue screen.
    10. Your firmware is restored and you can resume the use of the NAV unit.

Why the firmware is lost in the first place?
    The firmware is preserved in a memory that requires power to be maintained. The power is provided from a small (coin size) rechargeable battery internal to the NAV unit (kind of like the BIOS settings on a computer motherboard). This battery is recharged from your car battery and should be able to hold the firmware for years without external power. The problem is, in time the battery can not hold a charge, so it gets from years to no more than 2-3 seconds. This is especially if the car battery is disconnected/or dead for long periods of time (say you don't drive the car over the winter and the battery is old so by spring is already flat). But this only accelerates the process, in time no matter what the small internal battery does deteriorates. Even with a bad internal battery the firmware should still be stored as long as the car battery is connected. But one day for some reason you will disconnect the battery and in the following seconds you loose the firmware.
    You can actually replace this internal battery (is like $1.99 retail) and you can have piece of mind that in the next 8-9 years is likely that your firmware in the unit will not vanish. It does involves removing the NAV unit from the car and dismantling half of it to get to the battery. Then soldering is required.

need to change the battery in a software update?

tech2 should see the radio when connected to a car?
    possible to restore the software by using TIC2WEB?

taylor960 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 DeVille

19115256 disk

yes?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.