1998 Cadillac Deville Stereo Install Photos - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 1998 Cadillac Deville Stereo Install Photos in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; okay i was confused because it said delco electronics, ok, so how do i Uninstall/ take out my factory HU...
    Username98 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville

Re: 1998 Cadillac Deville Stereo Install Photos

okay i was confused because it said delco electronics, ok, so how do i Uninstall/ take out my factory HU

still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan
    Well yours I believe the radio is wired into the antitheft so you have to relocate it in the trunk or add a series of modules to trick the car to think the factory HU is still in the car

okay so what professional shop should i go to i ont want to mess anything up

You could go to a professional shop and they could mess it up. If you can hook a stereo into a car you can do a Cadillac its just alil more complex .with this forum and others like the12volt.com you can achieve .I have to look the modules up on Crutchfield.com and then you will be good to go. The thing is your radio wires are dara wires so that's the issue

could i not just install my amp and only have the wires the RCA audio hoooked up and all the power and ground set up and only use my amp to power my subs ???

No because of the bose . The reason is the speakers are amplified already at different ohms from the afrermarket amp. So to my knowledge no you can't but for sh*** and giggles

what size speakers are those and how did you install them into that location ??? please answer

I believe the 98 has 5 1/4 speaker's in the doors but Crutchfield.com could verify if I'm right

weister42 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by still_walkin View Post
    I believe the 98 has 5 1/4 speaker's in the doors but Crutchfield.com could verify if I'm right
    Yep, that is correct. 5 1/4" speakers in the front and 6x9s in the back deck. I don't like 6x9s tho so I made some fiberglass pods for the rear passengers.

EazyMoney706 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Deville 4D Sedan

hey man i juts noticed you live in stevens point. im up here in tomahawk. i hope u see this. is there any way that we could possibly get together to work on my 97 deville? it seem to me like you know what u doin. and how long did it take you to do all this?

buzarr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 Deville, 07 DTS

Hey Guys, my 99 Deville tape deck has finally crapped out, i knew about this big ordeal about the after market head units which were not recommended in these cars to replace that's why i held on for 12 years until now...I had a Pioneer AVH-P2400bt HU installed..the shop said all i would need was a GMRC-3 harness, installation went sweet but now after the car is shut off for about an hour all my settings go back to default..Do i really need to install the factory HU in the trunk or can i switch the harness to a GMOS6 and just hook the right wires up for Sleep Mode and the Data- Bus to work properly...Just to let you all know, my stereo is not a BOSE..thanks

cruzinu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 96 deville 93 Fleetwood

I have a 96 deville and want to install alpine iva-d310 I have the bypass tr-7 but I wanna know how I can hook it up without killing my battery or not having to reprogram all my settings everytime dont know if thats possible

98 caddydeville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 deville
    I have a 98 deville and im tryin to relocate factory hu to the trunk tomorrow.does anyone know which wire from disc changer connection in trunk has power so i wont have to run to many wires from dash tryin not to work to long ,any suggestions appriciated

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.