1998 Cadillac Deville Stereo Install Photos - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 1998 Cadillac Deville Stereo Install Photos in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; hey everyone i need to know which color the RAP wire is on a 98 seville for the power window ...
    jfresh401 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac SLS

Re: 1998 Cadillac Deville Stereo Install Photos

hey everyone i need to know which color the RAP wire is on a 98 seville for the power window on the passengers side just wanna make sure im doin this right im doin the overhaul on the system its gonna take time but whatever already got the flip out jensen the subs and the door speakers i already hooked up the HU to make sure it worked its fine i made a harness to relocate my OEM and tested all the connections now just gotta find a nice spot in my trunk n im in but i also need to know what color this RAP wire is goin to the passenger front power window ill try to take some pics and post but u know how that is when ur in the middle of a nightmare

jfresh401 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac SLS

well ive figured it out the RAP wire on the passengers door is light green it also happens to be one of the speaker wires or something its kinda weird but i tested it and it gives power until u open the door IM IN now i have to wait for hurracane irene to pass and i can hook the friggin thing up thanks anyway guys ill try to post some pics

zuuku is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Catera

hey man, you clearly know a lot about this stuff, i was wondering if you could help me out, here is my thread:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...lp-needed.html

cgargis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 sls

So if you wanted to run aftermarket everything but still have your stock hu hooked up for the databus, how would you get your aftermarket hu to turn on and off with the car. Im relocating my stock radio in a 99 sls... All interior sound is aftermarket but i dont know how to get the hu hooked up like that... Someone plz give me some relocation advice!

AndrewsJosh95 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I borrowed the 2 purple wires from the radio amp plug, then decided to take the same route as you. When I reattached the 2 purple wires, almost nothing works, not even headlights. What should I do?

Terrancew00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Deville D'elegance , 91 Deville and 90 Deville

Whats Up , Im new to the fourm , Can you please send me some pics on the aftermaket install , Id appreciate it very much .Im having the trouble on my '98 Deville D'elegance and its driving me insane .

Username98 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville

hello i would like to know what my options are for using a amplifier a regular 760watts pioneer car amp that i bought at walmart and i understand there is a factory installed amp in a 1998 deville , so i would like to know how to make the pioneer amp work or increase the power of the factory amp or somehow use both and bridge them togather. i would really like to know what i can do with it

still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan
    Can't the ohms are different. Your pioneer is 4ohk and Bose is one .its like apple and oranges. If you want to use the poineer you are going to have to bypass the Bose setup and rewire the system therefore you can't use the factoryHU

okay how do i bypass the bose setup, and i can still use the same speakers??? and how do i take out the factory HU ??

No you can't apples and oranges to bypass the Bose you have to run all new speaker wire to you new HU and depending if you want to use the steering wheel controls your going to need some modules to make that happen

well darn i really dont have money to buy all new speakers that are at 4 omhs and all new speaker wire... what gauge wire would you reccomend, sorry i know nothing about cadillac cars

Buy it all on eBay if you want the same size as factory wire I would go with 16guage

If your factory radio is Bose it will say Bose on it .also you will see the factory amp in the trunk

my factory amp and rear 6x9 speakers say DELCO ELECTRONICsS ?? and where would it say bose on it ??

It will say it on the factory radio .but if u have a factory amp you have Bose .non Bose doesn't have amps

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.