1998 Cadillac Deville Stereo Install Photos - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 1998 Cadillac Deville Stereo Install Photos in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; nice well done i like the 5.25 speaker coponet relocation thinking of doing it in my deville.. so did you ...
    still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan

Re: 1998 Cadillac Deville Stereo Install Photos

nice well done i like the 5.25 speaker coponet relocation thinking of doing it in my deville.. so did you have to take the whole side panel out to cut ot the circles or was it the seats .

boogiemane is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Deville

I just installed my new HU in my 1999 Deville yesterday. Thanks to this forum everything went well. The E6 and F6 data cables for the old HU I ran to the trunk and used the 12v power and ground that was used for the disc changer to supply power to it. I didn't use a harness just pulled the E6 and F6 pins out of the harness and hooked them up in the correct male pins on the old HU, which I have discretely hidden next to my spare tire. Would never guess it's there. So for the record, the only 4 wires that need to be ran to the old HU are 12v power, ground, E6, and F6. That's it, no sleep mode, no alarm problems. And for the retained accessory power (RAP) I spliced into the front passengers 12v window power. To figure out which wire to splice into pop up the panel on the door that has the window up/down switch and see what color the wire is. Then snap that piece back on and find that wire in bundle that is on the far right side of the passenger side (around the same place you would placing all your new wiring for that is routed to the trunk). Make sure that the color wire for the window up/down switch is the only one in the bundle. Splice it and run a new wire from there to your new HU. Now you should have the RAP 10 minute or until a door is open feature.

DiCER89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Deville

This maybe a stupid question (never worked on a Cadillac) but is the amplifier built into the head unit or is it a separate unit? A friend of mine has a 1996 Deville and the stereo is not working right. It only has a small amount of sound coming from one speaker and when he took it somewhere thinking it was the head unit, they said he has a separate amplifier in there. If there is a separate amplifier then were is it located in the car?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

That depends on the factory audio installed package: Bose uses a head unit with multiple frequency outputs to drive multiple amplifiers at or near each extremely low impedance speaker.

Your friends car may have a Delco unit which drives multiple amplifiers with tone control/basic equalizer control.

Les_Daddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Deville, 1998 Cadillac Deville

I have a 98 and a 94 Deville, i recently decided to take my Kenwood KVT 514 out of the 94 and install it in the 98. The problem that I ran into is that my deck would have power, able to receive and eject discs, but the screen wont deploy. While examining the wire harness, I noticed that the accessory wire in my radio wiring harness does not plug into anything in the harness attached to my car. What wire can I tap into to get power to my radio?

tomcsheppard is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville

Hi there,
    I am in the process of putting an aftermarket stereo into my 1998 cadillac deville. you said you had pics of how you were able to do this. Could you please post them? Did you have to relocate your factory stereo? I was just wondering which wires needed to be moved.

Tom...
    Quote Originally Posted by dakid6945 View Post
    i have completed my install and will post pics if anyone wants/needs me to do so. i spoke to metra (maker of the wire harness) and they advised that if you run a constant 12v line to the system and a constant 12v power line to the alarm (databus 2) you will avoid this problem. my system has been in since august and no problems thus far.

baller95 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 00 DTS & 07 STS-V - Black On Black

dude make a youtube video or something !! i wanna see that in a action !!

Hairball is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Seville (base model)

SWEET INSTALL! Looks like you spent countless hours on it! I'm guessing it sounds sweet! But I almost went into cardiac arrest when I saw the electrical tape!

I couldn't believe you would go through so much work and effort and time and use electrical tape instead of some kind of secure connector. Not a good idea! I haven't used electrical tape since the 70's on any car audio or alarm installation. It's just not suggested and not a good idea.

Other than the electrical tape connections, nice job!

Wdyork is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 DeVille

Hello,
    I did an aftermarket radio installation in my 99 deville, I relocated the factory radio to the trunk, and was able to catch the data wires at the amplifier behind my backseat. I am having a problem with my trunk button not working, everything else works. My car doesnt go into sleep mode, my alarm doesnt go off, my keyless works, I checked and double checked all my connections. Anyone have any idea?
    thanks ahead of time for any suggestions.
    Warren

Mike Johansen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 cadillac deville

Quote Originally Posted by DiCER89 View Post
    This maybe a stupid question (never worked on a Cadillac) but is the amplifier built into the head unit or is it a separate unit? A friend of mine has a 1996 Deville and the stereo is not working right. It only has a small amount of sound coming from one speaker and when he took it somewhere thinking it was the head unit, they said he has a separate amplifier in there. If there is a separate amplifier then were is it located in the car?
    Your amp is on the back of the rear seat. Open the trunk. undo the 4 screws for the carpet just under the window. remover the 4 10mm bolts from the fuse/amp rack. 2 on top corners and 2 staggered new bottom. pull rack down and the amp is in the middle. I am presently going through the nightmare of installing an aftermarket system in a 99. I will post pictures and a tutorial when i am done.

norteno is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 deville d'elegance

it all sounds good. i also have a 98 d'elegance that i want to install an after market HU in. I hooked up a line out converter to the 6X9 speaker leads in the rear deck, then the LOC to a kenwood 8105kc 1000 watt monoblock amp to power a dual 12'' sealed sub box with a sony xplod and a pioneer subs. I'm still using the stock HU and connected a 12 disc changer to the plug that was already in the trunk. It sounds pretty damn good right now but I hear that the sound quality is much better using an aftermarket HU than the route I went. I wish someone else would post some pics about more step by step directions how to do it. Especially about that databus cable business. The one dude said he forgot what other wires he ran to the trunk along with the databus wires. I also plan to upgrade to the big three next week and install an optima yellow top next month and even a HO alternator this summer and then a larger amp and subs but I need some more visual help. I want my shit to be really bumping! Any more links or pics out there??? I know I can do this, I just need a little, or a lot, more help. Thanks. Am I entering this thread too late?

Click on my user name on this site I have a site under car domain where I did the big 3 on two lacs. Just make sure you keep the wires free of where They can get mixed or caught onto anything and I recommendations a dual post . Those batteries makes installation easier. Make sure you use 4guage or better and fuse the wire that goes from your battery to alt

yea, that's some real nice work you puttin out. You got some skills. I'm not hating' I'm relating. I'm looking for some more pics of a '98 deville aftermarket head unit install. The only ones I found are good but I need a little more info about that databus cable and not being able to disconnect it and extending the stock HU back in the trunk. Sounds complicated and with all the electronics that caddies have, i don't want to mess anything up.

Dakid6945, Did you ever post your pics of your 98 caddie deville aftemarket stereo install? I wanna try it but I wanna make real sure about it all.

on your car what i would do is move the factory radio to the trunk as for aftermarket i would take into the fuse box for the power ground etc . as for the speaker wires i would run new ones. metro kits can be found on ebay.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.