Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Nav Sys DVD Access Door not Opening

985 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  chazglenn3 
G
#1 ·
Just purhased a 2002 STS and the Only thing that doesnt work it seems is the Tilt Door button for the Nav and DVD Access. Since I dont have an Owners Manual yet, i'm not sure exactly if there is a special way to access any program or screen that may enable the Tilt Feature. I'm not quite ready to give it a slight PRY to see if it's just Jammed like some Aftermarket systems get,..and I dont know which way it tilts Anyway. Suggestions???

#2 ·
If you pry it you'll most likely break it.

Are you pressing and HOLDING the tilt button until the unit beeps? After the unit beeps, the door should tilt open.

If the unit never beeps and/or does not open, try disconnecting power from the unit for about a minute (pull the fuse or negative battery cable).

Also check for any IRC B codes.

Joe

G
#4 ·
Well I believe I held it for More than long enough but will Try again. And Yes, I know of the only in park system and have actually been trying it while the Car is not even Running at times. I'm heading Outside to try it AGAIN!!! Thanks Guys!

G
#5 ·
Well Hells Bells! I held the button and started Counting,......7, 8, 9, 10,.. and Right at 10, it Beeped and Opened. Did it several times now but it only takes between 2 an 3 seconds now for the same operation. Maybe it was just Sleeping! Thanks Again,.. now Wheres that Top Gun DVD? hehe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.