installing aftermarket sub and amp in my 01 Deville - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, installing aftermarket sub and amp in my 01 Deville in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; well it works great now, the problem was that I completely disconnected the factory sub instead of leaving it connected ...
    capital10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville

Re: installing aftermarket sub and amp in my 01 Deville

well it works great now, the problem was that I completely disconnected the factory sub instead of leaving it connected and tapping the wires, I guess if the factory amp doesn't detect the factory sub then it just doesn't send the subwoofer the signal. So probably a rookie mistake and definately didn't think it would take me 3 days to get it right.

Oldman Cadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 SRX

This is GREAT. I just installed my amp and sub. I had everything working and then had the exact same problem. I thought it was the overly priced best buy junk too. I knew this forum would come in handy. Thank you capital10 and others for the leg work.

Playerkiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Deville 2004

i wonna do the same on my DTS 2004

but i dont no the ride box form my car?

and i wonna put a navigation in my car! i have the XM radio in my car.

sorry for my bad english im from europa Austria

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

I just installed Fusion 300d amp and MTX sledgehammer (thunder 8500) and it works fine but in the driver and front passenger seat you cannot really feel it at all, but you can see the mirror going nuts and sitting in the back seat you feel it a lot.
    I used to have the system in a 95 cutlass coupe so i know what settings are needed on the amp to make it hit hard without going past the limits of the sub.
    I have pushed the settings past my old settings on the cutlass and still barely felt in the driver seat but very prominent in the back seats.
    Any ideas why this is? It also causes Auto Volume Control to increase volume drastically while sitting still.
    2002 Deville DTS
    Factory Bose Navigation

Qball Customs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by capital10 View Post
    well it works great now, the problem was that I completely disconnected the factory sub instead of leaving it connected and tapping the wires, I guess if the factory amp doesn't detect the factory sub then it just doesn't send the subwoofer the signal. So probably a rookie mistake and definately didn't think it would take me 3 days to get it right.
    another thing you can do is put resistors in the wires and completely disconnect the factory sub. The resistors will make the amp think the sub is still connected.

still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan

One way to wire the remote wire is if you can get the factory stereo out. Splice the remote wire and that shoud work fine

Mrjb9475 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

o.k i may be dumb but how many wires go to the factory sub? if you hook up line converter? do you only hook up 1 side? left or right and which to amp? i have the same 2001 deville thanks

Emoore058 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Deville

where the factory amp location, I need to remove it becaue it keeps distorting my door speakers and stock subwoofer

Maki59 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 cadillac deville

I set my subs and amp and try Errol for a minute but I think it shuts off when I turn the bass up too high. What could be happening? And when I turn the car off and back on it works again. I hooked em up with the stock stereo. And only have one set o wires tapped into the stock sub. Any suggestions? And also my CD player doesn't work any more after hooking them up, I have a 2001 deville

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.