07 Escalade - Check XM Antenna connection problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 07 Escalade - Check XM Antenna connection problem in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have an 07 escalade and i am having a problem with the xm radio antenna. When i try to ...
    GreggN3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

07 Escalade - Check XM Antenna connection problem

I have an 07 escalade and i am having a problem with the xm radio antenna. When i try to use the xm input it says Check Antenna Connection. I traced the xm antenna wire from the xm box (behind glove box) it then runs into the dash harness. Im not sure if it goes through the onstar box or not, but i know it goes up to the top of the dash at the base of the windsheild on the passenger side before running up to the headliner and across the roof.
    My question is if anyone else has any antenna issues with the xm antenna or antenna wire ? All connections seem good, but im not sure if its a seperate antenna wire used for onstar or if it all splices into one wire. The onstar works fine just having a problem with the antenna. I tried plugging in an aftermarket antenna just to see if it was a problem in the XM box but i had no CHECK ANTENNA CONNECTION issue with the aftermarket antenna everything worked fine.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated !!!

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MGedlinske is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 07 Escalade - Check XM Antenna connection problem

I have a similar problem with my 09 CTS. The XM reception is very spotty. Often, I'll receive the "check antenna" or "installing XM" message. Other times, I'll receive XM stations just fine.

I don't have a clue how to diagnose this, so I'll take it to the dealer. Will let you know if I learn something helpful.

firebird1158 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 07 Escalade - Check XM Antenna connection problem

Hey did you guys ever figure out what the problem was with the xm?? I am haveing the same problem with my 2007 Escalade.. works once in a while but keep seeing no xm signal on wet days especially. Sometimes my onstar light even goes red as if there is a problem but it still works to make calls. I am thinking it is either loose or chaffed wires crossing or maybe getting wet... never heard of a antenna going bad before but maybe it just needs to be replaced

thanks for any help

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.