'08 CTS navigation/radio OEM upgrade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, '08 CTS navigation/radio OEM upgrade in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi Everyone; I'm a soon-to-be 1st time Cadillac owner, having just purchased an '08 CTS w/AWD and the DI 3.6. ...
    gcthree is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

'08 CTS navigation/radio OEM upgrade

Hi Everyone;

I'm a soon-to-be 1st time Cadillac owner, having just purchased an '08 CTS w/AWD and the DI 3.6. It arrives tomorrow!

Here's the question. The car does not have navigation, and I've found a full Navigation/radio/dash center stack/ and GPS antenna for sale. The question? Is this a straight plug-and-play installation? Is there any chopping-up of harnesses, etc? It includes the GPS antenna assembly, which appars to be a bracket with the antenna; I thought GPS antennas were the shark-fin bit on the roof?

Any help or advice would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

yatesd is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Thunder Gray Chromaflair/Ebony

Re: '08 CTS navigation/radio OEM upgrade

Congratulations on your new CTS. I really doubt it is plug & play. Although the Nav unit on the CTS is awesome; if my car didn't include NAV I would be more tempted by this which can be had for less than $400:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=14933

Already have a Garmin, but there's something about having an integrated OEM system that an aftermarket system just cannot match.

Good news about the aftermarket units? So many people have them hung on their windshields that my Beltronices STI (undetectable) radar detector no longer visually stands out here in Virginia where such devices are illegal. However, with seemingly one rader gun-equipped trooper, county officer, village officer, sherriff bent on enforcing the speed limit on every single citizen, I'm just evening-up the score.

Thanks for the input, though.

BTW, the OEM unit I have my eye on is $599...or the price of a good aftermarket piece.

mawlood is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts 2008

Where did you find the unit, I'm looking all over to buy it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.