Installing new CD player in 1999 Cadillac Deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Installing new CD player in 1999 Cadillac Deville in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I am 17 and have a 1999 Cadillac Deville. It has the factory stereo installed and that is just a ...
    booty900 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Deville

Installing new CD player in 1999 Cadillac Deville

I am 17 and have a 1999 Cadillac Deville. It has the factory stereo installed and that is just a cassette player.

I took the car to Circuit City to have it installed but they said they could not do it. They said they would have to rewire the whole car because the factory stereo is connected to a computer thing that helps the car run. They said that other places could do it but would cost over $500. So I went online and found out that I could buy an adapter that tricks the car in to thinking that the factory stereo is installed. I found a site called installer. They gave me a whole page for the 1999 Deville. I would post links to the site but I am not allowed.

What do I need to install a CD player in my car. The two adapters they have are the GMOS-06 and the GMRC-03

I don't know what one I need. I don't have on star and it is not a Bose system. So which one do I need? Also what else do I need? I know I need a dash kit and an antenna adapter but do I need anything else? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: Installing new CD player in 1999 Cadillac Deville

gmrc-03

if your by Pittsburgh pa ill install it for you

I just read on these forums that the GMRC-03 has problems with the 99 Deville. It is something to do with going into sleep mode? Should I buy the GMOS-06 instead? thanks

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

yea
    if you have an amp and bose buy it
    since you dont no it wont work

what CC said is the only way to fix it you must relocate the stock hu into the trunk
    get tied on, this isnt a 80s Caviler

OK thanks for your help. I think I am just going to stick with my FM transmitter and an Ipod.

chumly.fernando is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Deville 1998

Hi, my family bought a 1998 Deville in August, 2008 and it is by far our favorite car. The ride is brilliant and the car has great acceleration, but we've had our engine overheat twice since then, most recently yesterday. The first time it overheated was last December where the engine got so hot the mechanic said that the gaskets had been pulled apart, or something to that effect; the car had then begun to leak coolant into the engine and it would shutter when we started which is when the problem came to our attention and had to get it replaced. Yesterday the car had a "Engine Overheat - Pull over and idle" error and when we went to put coolant in the car it needed an extra 1 1/2 gallons! It had given us a check coolant alarm ONCE 2 weeks ago and we had checked and there was no coolant problem. When we took it to our mechanic, they checked out the engine and thankfully there was not such problem this time and supposedly everything is fine. Our car now has only about 77k miles on it and I was wondering, how best would we be able to extend the life of our car. My dad bought it for my birthday and it broke down both times in HIS care. We usually replace coolant and oil ourselves. Our "new" engine has a 12k mile warrenty so we have about 9k left. Thanks

SPreston2001 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K

Chumly your posting in the wrong section. This is the AUDIO section. For engine problems post in the Deville or Northstar Performance section.

chumly.fernando is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Deville 1998

My apologies, I don't understand how I miss read that title, sorry for the inconvenience.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.