I pod mount
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, I pod mount in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; well i got a monster Ipod FM tuner for my cars it works great i must say!. the same song ...
    eyekandyboats.inc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)

I pod mount

well i got a monster Ipod FM tuner for my cars
    it works great i must say!. the same song on a CD isnt even as good!!!.
    any way i made a I pod holder for my car.
    it slides into the trim pieces on the DTS and is held in my by just being squeeze in there.
    its just wood i glued and primed and painted. then i opened up the Ipod connector and screwed it to the piece of wood and then closed it back up. with a small piece of soft sided Velcro there acts as a pad for the I pod.
    you can press on it and its nice and firm.
    Then i have the FM tuner in the cig. tray and the DC plug in, in there two
    my only problem is..... when i turn off the car the DC cig lighter jack does not turn off. so i want to hardware it into my radio so that it will turn off when i open my door.

so my question is where can i tap some power for the rig so that it will turn off when i turn my car off.

sorry the pics are bad...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hyperboimmv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS, 92 Eldorado ETC, 87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

Re: I pod mount

does it not turn off at all when you turn the key off, or does it not turn off until 10 minutes later? I know the fuse in the fuse box you can put in two positions, one will turn the plug off after 10 minutes, and the other will not turn off at all. If you choose the 10 minute thing, it will turn on when you open the doors, trunk etc, or unlock with the keys/remote. Other than that, you would probably have to wire a relay/fuse setup to the ignition....

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Re: I pod mount

Power antenna pin F3 on the back of the HU. Depending on year and options the wire is either Dk Green (for most applications) or Dk Brown.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.