Bose Static
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Bose Static in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hello...I own a 2000 STS with the Bose Audio system, "non navigation". my problem is static in the front left ...
    Caddy_STS_00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Seville STS

Angry Bose Static

Hello...I own a 2000 STS with the Bose Audio system, "non navigation". my problem is static in the front left and right speakers at both low and high volumes ....here is where it gets weird...I used to own a Nissan 300ZX with the Bose system and that was a 1990... I had to tear the whole car apart and send out each amplifier attached within each speaker unit housing for replacement due to burned out resistors on the circuit board...my question is in 10 years has Bose fixed this problem or do i possibly have an amplifier in need of replacemnet or possibly a defective one, heres where it's even more complicated...the static is only noticible after it has rained and the car is damp..it is garaged most of the time, but when it is dry and hasnt rained I get no static but only at very low levels...does anyone have this problem or know of this problem and how much it should run me and can I easily locate the amp if necessary to pull it from the vehicle to send out for repair... Or do i simply have blown speakers...how well do the Bose speakers hold up over time...I persoanlly love the sound of the Bose stereo and would like to keep it stock, however if this is related to the bose amplifier I am slightley disappointed in the advancement in Bose technology in 10+ years..I would appreciate any info possible...thanks...If it helps i can take a video of the static sound and upload it to You Tube

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: Bose Static

old bose used mini amps
    you have one major amp
    unless all are doing it you have blown speakers

Caddy_STS_00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Seville STS

Thank you, I tackled taking the door apart and found that both the driver and passenger side speakers are blown... and the foam surround had completely seperated from the paper driver on the ne speaker..So I called Cadillac and for two replacement speakers it's 219.00, part# 2571924 which isnt bad and is well worth the money..I just wish Bose will wake up one day and put some more money and effort into the design and overall quality of the drivers....if they could just master that part....then i think the overall quality and loyality from Bose owners would stay stronger...I must say that i am slightly disappointed in the build quality of the speaker units.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Bose is enclosures and maximizing their speakers to produce the most efficient sound in those spaces
    they are not noteworthy for durable quality drivers

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.