Replacing BOSE system '94 STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Replacing BOSE system '94 STS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi all, i own a '94 Seville STS and want to replace the compelte BOSE system. I am not going ...
    Shouse is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Replacing BOSE system '94 STS

Hi all, i own a '94 Seville STS and want to replace the compelte BOSE system. I am not going to try and tap into it, just bypass it. I need to run new wire. What is the best means of running new wire to an aftermarket head unit to aftermarket speakers??? i want to do this custom job myself and am a little confused about running the wire? do i just speaker wire from teh BOSE speakers with the new wire that leads into the BOSE headunit? or simply, rewire the wire-harness for the new wiring??? DO i need to leave the BOSE system in existence? i've heard i should leave the headunit connected and leave it in the back trunk? what do i do with the amp in teh back? i will not be running a seperate amp, just the amp on the headunit. do i disconect the stock amp?

Basically im really confused here and want to get this all straightened out. Im replacing my BOSE system completely and want to bypass it? I want to do the whole job myself to save money. How do i go about doing this?? thanks all for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SoundAdvantage is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 87 Deville

Re: Replacing BOSE system '94 STS

This is the route i took on my car with the Bose system.
    I removed the factory head unit, stereo, all the factory speakers. I bought a Dash kit to mount my aftermarket head unit (stereo). I installed my new aftermarket speakers and ran all new speaker wire from my new deck to them.

Here is a link to a site that will show you with pics how to remove your old setup > just type in the make/year of your car and go from there.

http://www.carstereohelp.com

Shouse is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

thanks. SHould do the trick on what i need to know. SHould i remove all of the BOSE sytsem? take out ALL of the amps and just leave the wiring? will my car still function correctly?? thanks!

SoundAdvantage is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 87 Deville

I would just remove the head unit (up front) and all the speakers and run new wires from your aftermarket deck to the new aftermarket speakers. You will loose your door chimes,daytime running lights and steering wheel controls, without using a "Interface" designed to bypass the Bose system.

http://www.pac-audio.com/index.asp
    do a search at the PAC site on the OEM-2

danneybo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 seville sls

I am an mecp certified car audio tech. So its a little easier. I ran all new wires, constant, acc, ground and solid blue from the tuner on the right of the trunk under the power antenna. Also ran new speaker wire all the way around. But technically you don't have to do that. Its a little more time consuming but u could go to each speaker and connect each negative and positive before the amp, this is bypassing at each speaker. The next thing to do would b to ground to the chasis. The stock ground may not be enough for the new stereo. If you have a main amp in the trunk u must test for input and output, sound input wires from old stock stereo and sound output from amp. You need to connoct the input into the output. And that should sound great.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.