Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Speaker Fit Guide Please Check & Ask Fitment ?s HERE ONLY!!!

71K views 67 replies 41 participants last post by  Anthonyfp 
#1 · (Edited)
Fit Guide
NOTE More Years and Models will be added as I have time and chance to verify all the sizes listed below I myself have verified and fully trust.

Eldorado
1992-2002
Front Door Bose 4 Inch Non Bose 5.25 with 2 inch tweeter
Rear 6x9

Seville
1992-1997
Front Door Bose 4 Inch Non Bose 5.25 with 2 inch tweeter
Rear 6x9

1998-2004
Dash 3.5
Front Doors Bose 8 Non Bose 6.5
Rear Doors 6.5
Sub 12.5

Deville
1994-1999
*speakers may not be located in all locations but the holes and mounts are there*
*Center Channel 4x6 *
Front Doors 5.25
Front Door Panel 2 Inch
*Rear Door 5.25*
*Rear Door Panel 2 Inch*
Rear Self 6x9

2000-2005
Center Channel 3.5
A Pillars 2 inch
Front Doors 6.5
Rear Doors 6.5
Sub 10

See less See more
#56 ·
Okay guys, I thought I was confused before... There is all kinds of conflicting information all over the net. I am trying to replace my speakers. I have a 2001 Deville DTS with a Bose system. Every website I go to lists different speaker sizes.

Can someone tell me what are the speaker sizes, and where is the amp(s) located? I want to pull it all out and replace it with after market. But I want to actually buy the stuff first before I go tearing into my door panels and so on.

#59 ·
Guys i have a Seville SLS 03

Factory Front Speakers : 6" - (2 ohms )
Factory Rear Speakers : 5.25" (2 ohms )

Replaced with Sound Ordinance 6x7.5 - fits just fine. ( 4ohms )

The factory amp - is hardly firing these, the front channel speakers are more heard than the others..
What after market amp, would you suggest, or any other ideas..

Cheers

#60 ·
I have found that its a 2ohm and what looks like a shallow mount/free air type but does anybody know how big this thing really is? I'm looking to replace it with an aftermarket sub (Particularly a JL Audio) if I can get one to match size wise.

Anybody take look at this? I'm looking through here and it doesn't seem to be anybody has (other vehicles but not 06 CTS)

#61 ·
I have an 01 Cadillac Seville STS. In my dash there are three 2 inch tweeters. The front doors each have an 8 in sub. The rear doors have 6 in speakers. The rear deck has a 12 in sub.

Dash speakers measure 3.5 ohms
Front door subs measure .5 ohms
Rear doors measure 3.5 ohms
Rear deck sub measured 0 ohms

Unless my meter was acting up which I doubt these are the correct ohm ratings for these speakers/subs.

The dash speakers are in sort of a vented housing which makes it appear bigger and weirdly shaped.

The front door speakers are in sort of a bracket that doesn't really make the speaker appear any bigger.

The rear door speakers were not in any bracket but the plastic panel behind the speaker was in the way of my new speakers and o had to break it to fit them in. Im gonna cut the rest out and use dynomat to reseal it back off.

The rear deck is more obvious without taking anything apart. No bracket or anything that I remember.

I hope this helps some of you. I wish I would of had better directions before I started.

#62 · (Edited)
Hello. I bought a 92 Brougham with a standard factory cassette head unit, a dead CDM (amp/tuner), and Polk speakers. I eventually replaced the bad CDM with a working unit, swapped out the cassette/only Head Unit with a Cassette/CD one which I believe is from a later model De Ville/DTS (this head unit is identical to the one offered in the Brougham with the exepinoin being that the five preset EQ buttons labled "A B C D E" are absent, with 2- slider controls, one for bas and the other for Treble. I also replaced the the disitigreated Polk 4x6 fronts with a pair of salvaged Delco ones, as the polks in the rear semed undamaged I left them in. Everything wouked well for a couple of months but now ione of the rear polk 4X9's is dying.

My problem is that I have seveal 6x9 Delco speakers but some are 10-ohm and the others are 4-ohm.
Any advice on which ohm ratting was original in the 92 Brougham? My GM shop manual only gives ohm values for the front speakers, which were offered in 2- different configurations on the 91/92 Brougham and referes to the rear speakers, (set up the same way in both the the base 4 speaker and optional 6 speaker) by 6X9s size.

Do you know it if it was was 10 or 4 ohms rear speakers, that were originally installed at the factory?

#64 ·
Question regarding speaker replacement for my 1998 Deville with the stock radio and currently stock speakers. (This is the non Bose system)

I understand that I have the following speaker set up:

Center Channel 4x6
Front Doors 5.25
Front Door Panel 2 Inch
Rear Door 5.25
Rear Door Panel 2 Inch
Rear Self 6x9

The front dash center speaker and the rear deck lid speaker are one speaker and the rest are in pairs (if I understand that correctly). My question is what would be some good upgrade options to replace the factory ones? I am not messing around with the factory head unit but I would like to upgrade the speakers. I tend to lean toward Polk Audio and Infinity but looking for some input. Are there any Ohms issues to worry about or any other items that may be an issue?

#66 ·
I am trying to replace my Bose speakers (front door and rear door) on my 2004 DeVille DHS. Can't get any accurate info. I have read and searched repeatedly throughout this forum. Maybe I'm missing something? Questions:

1) Is the Bose speaker 2 ohm or 1 ohm?
2) Is the the front speaker 5 1/4 or 6 1/2? What is the rear door speakers?

#67 ·
2003 Deville base, no Bose, no nothing :

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with shallow mount speakers in place of the factory sub? Finally blew the sub and I need to get a replacement ASAP! I know there's a bracket back there, but does anyone know how deep it is? I read its about 6inches, but needing to verify. I will assume there's a difference in sound, but for what I'm trying to do, I'm not really worried about super bass (I recently got rid of my type-r & pioneer amp). I'm just looking to upgrade just enough to enjoy above average bass on the factory system. Open to suggestions...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.