Speaker Fit Guide Please Check & Ask Fitment ?s HERE ONLY!!! - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Speaker Fit Guide Please Check & Ask Fitment ?s HERE ONLY!!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have an 01 Cadillac Seville STS. In my dash there are three 2 inch tweeters. The front doors each ...
    tyma1026 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Seville STS
    I have an 01 Cadillac Seville STS. In my dash there are three 2 inch tweeters. The front doors each have an 8 in sub. The rear doors have 6 in speakers. The rear deck has a 12 in sub.

Dash speakers measure 3.5 ohms
    Front door subs measure .5 ohms
    Rear doors measure 3.5 ohms
    Rear deck sub measured 0 ohms

Unless my meter was acting up which I doubt these are the correct ohm ratings for these speakers/subs.

The dash speakers are in sort of a vented housing which makes it appear bigger and weirdly shaped.

The front door speakers are in sort of a bracket that doesn't really make the speaker appear any bigger.

The rear door speakers were not in any bracket but the plastic panel behind the speaker was in the way of my new speakers and o had to break it to fit them in. Im gonna cut the rest out and use dynomat to reseal it back off.

The rear deck is more obvious without taking anything apart. No bracket or anything that I remember.

I hope this helps some of you. I wish I would of had better directions before I started.

Vladillac Khrougham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Brougham

Re: Speaker Fit Guide Please Check & Ask Fitment ?s HERE ONLY!!!

Hello. I bought a 92 Brougham with a standard factory cassette head unit, a dead CDM (amp/tuner), and Polk speakers. I eventually replaced the bad CDM with a working unit, swapped out the cassette/only Head Unit with a Cassette/CD one which I believe is from a later model De Ville/DTS (this head unit is identical to the one offered in the Brougham with the exepinoin being that the five preset EQ buttons labled "A B C D E" are absent, with 2- slider controls, one for bas and the other for Treble. I also replaced the the disitigreated Polk 4x6 fronts with a pair of salvaged Delco ones, as the polks in the rear semed undamaged I left them in. Everything wouked well for a couple of months but now ione of the rear polk 4X9's is dying.

My problem is that I have seveal 6x9 Delco speakers but some are 10-ohm and the others are 4-ohm.
    Any advice on which ohm ratting was original in the 92 Brougham? My GM shop manual only gives ohm values for the front speakers, which were offered in 2- different configurations on the 91/92 Brougham and referes to the rear speakers, (set up the same way in both the the base 4 speaker and optional 6 speaker) by 6X9s size.

Do you know it if it was was 10 or 4 ohms rear speakers, that were originally installed at the factory?

mikeymorehead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville Base

on an '01 Deville center channel is that one 3.5"?

mavric240 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville

Question regarding speaker replacement for my 1998 Deville with the stock radio and currently stock speakers. (This is the non Bose system)

I understand that I have the following speaker set up:

Center Channel 4x6
    Front Doors 5.25
    Front Door Panel 2 Inch
    Rear Door 5.25
    Rear Door Panel 2 Inch
    Rear Self 6x9

The front dash center speaker and the rear deck lid speaker are one speaker and the rest are in pairs (if I understand that correctly). My question is what would be some good upgrade options to replace the factory ones? I am not messing around with the factory head unit but I would like to upgrade the speakers. I tend to lean toward Polk Audio and Infinity but looking for some input. Are there any Ohms issues to worry about or any other items that may be an issue?

Discobee is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Fifth generation Seville w/Bose owners, if you're looking to get rid of the 8" Bose midbass in the front doors, this speaker adapter will adapt into a 6.5" speaker for $12

http://www.car-speaker-adapters.com/items.php?id=SAK049

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.