Speaker Fit Guide Please Check & Ask Fitment ?s HERE ONLY!!! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Speaker Fit Guide Please Check & Ask Fitment ?s HERE ONLY!!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by CadillacSTS2003 Fit Guide NOTE More Years and Models will be added as I have time and chance ...
    DonRSD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 White Diamond Deville DTS

Re: Speaker Fit Guide Please Check & Ask Fitment ?s HERE ONLY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacSTS2003 View Post
    Fit Guide
    NOTE More Years and Models will be added as I have time and chance to verify all the sizes listed below I myself have verified and fully trust.

Deville

2000-2005
    Center Channel 3.5
    A Pillars 2 inch
    Front Doors 6.5
    Rear Doors 6.5
    Sub 10
    i just installed new speakers this weekend in my 2002 deville dts

front doors are 6.5"
    rear doors are 5.25"

louieftw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '95 Seville SLS (RIP), '00 BMW 328Ci (RIP), '13 ATS 2.0T/6MT

I drive a 95 Seville SLS with the Bose Gold Series system. Should I go with 5.25" speakers up front?

hobbs1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Fleetwood

i have a 93 fleetwood brougham and noticed the rear speakers are quite larger than 6x9 yet everywhere i check tells me that 6x9 is the size to use. but since the speakers that are there there appear to be in an adapter i am just curious if anyone knows of larger speakers going into the rear deck without too much modification or where i can find some factory sized speakers?

Candidsoul is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Deville

I am seeing many conflicting sizes for the deville. Can someone tell me what size(s) are in my 2004 Deville (base) with non-bose? I took the doors off to replace the darn window regulators and they seem to be the same size but different ohms.
    Danomadicone and Danomadicone like this.

keelerdr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Deville D'Elegance

hobbs1,

I don't think there are any full range car speakers that are larger than 6x9, which is why all the places online are listing them as 6x9. If the stock speaker is considerably larger than a 6x9, you may be able to replace it with an 8 inch midbass driver. The 8 incher would be round though and only play mid to low bass. This may not be a problem though since the stock speaker may just of been seeing the low notes anyway.

I haven't checked the wiring diagram for your car but I know that for my 97 deville, the "6x9's" were called subwoofers and only received the low frequencies. There is a crossover built into the stock amp that takes the mids/highs and send them to the doors/dash speakers. This is why when people replace their 6x9's with two or three way speakers, they still only play the low notes .

I don't have any experience w/the 8 inch midbass drivers. They are not very common...it is basically an 8 inch "free-air" (meaning no enclosure needed) subwoofer that does not play very low.

If you just want a little more low end, a basic aftermarket 6x9 speaker would work fine. I replaced my stock ones w/a pair of kicker 6x9s on sale for like $95 total. It was a noticable upgrade...until I went w/a JL 10w3

Hope this helps

larryP03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac DTS

Does the 1 ohm speaker issue apply to non-Bose systems? I am looking to replace the speakers on my non-Bose stock system in my 2007 DTS.

Also, I noticed the fit chart only goes up to 2005. Any ideas on sizes for the 07 DTS?

Thanks.

giant h2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

looking for speaker sizes for 93 allante?

Lorideslo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 cadillac coupe deville

What is the size of the front and rear door speakers in a 2007 STS with Bose and a non Bose system?

IngeniusV3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Seville

Curious as to the speaker size for front and back in a 1990 Cadillac Seville. I checked online and a place said 5 and 1/4 inch for the front and 6x9 in the back. I would just like conformation. Also, would it just be simply buying them and installing or would I have to do anything special?

Danomadicone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Deville

Does anyone of the ohms and configuration of the speaker wirings for the 2000-2005 Devilles?

SaltyDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville DTS

Okay guys, I thought I was confused before... There is all kinds of conflicting information all over the net. I am trying to replace my speakers. I have a 2001 Deville DTS with a Bose system. Every website I go to lists different speaker sizes.

Can someone tell me what are the speaker sizes, and where is the amp(s) located? I want to pull it all out and replace it with after market. But I want to actually buy the stuff first before I go tearing into my door panels and so on.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Unfortunately those people out there that know the information seem to be unwilling to ever respond to a post in this topic. If I knew the answers I would tell you but I don't.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    Okay guys, I thought I was confused before... There is all kinds of conflicting information all over the net. I am trying to replace my speakers. I have a 2001 Deville DTS with a Bose system. Every website I go to lists different speaker sizes.

Can someone tell me what are the speaker sizes, and where is the amp(s) located? I want to pull it all out and replace it with after market. But I want to actually buy the stuff first before I go tearing into my door panels and so on.

Best thing to do is get an Alldata subscription. That will give you the exact speaker specifications for your car.

rxr
    rxr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS

Guys i have a Seville SLS 03

Factory Front Speakers : 6" - (2 ohms )
    Factory Rear Speakers : 5.25" (2 ohms )

Replaced with Sound Ordinance 6x7.5 - fits just fine. ( 4ohms )

The factory amp - is hardly firing these, the front channel speakers are more heard than the others..
    What after market amp, would you suggest, or any other ideas..

Cheers

jeff.v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Base

I have found that its a 2ohm and what looks like a shallow mount/free air type but does anybody know how big this thing really is? I'm looking to replace it with an aftermarket sub (Particularly a JL Audio) if I can get one to match size wise.

Anybody take look at this? I'm looking through here and it doesn't seem to be anybody has (other vehicles but not 06 CTS)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.