OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!! - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by alarmonboard ...I just bought one of Cartel's blue carphone from Verizonwireless.com for $349 and i love it.... ...
    mrgoodbar67 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac DTS Deville on Vogues and DTS Blades

Re: OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alarmonboard View Post
    ...I just bought one of Cartel's blue carphone from Verizonwireless.com for $349 and i love it....
    But it looks like it belongs in a 1980's car.
    RBDS might be cheaper and look stock

va561 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hello Rusty Blazer Dude,
    I have a 2000 DTS with an outdated built in analog phone. I would like to purchase a bluetooth conversion kit from you if possible.

Thanks

alarmonboard is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodbar67 View Post
    But it looks like it belongs in a 1980's car.
    RBDS might be cheaper and look stock
    Thats the point!! You know what? its the most comfortable usefull bluetooth carkit out there, and everybody knows that today everything is about looks but this piece is made to use but still gives you that gangster look of the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by alarmonboard View Post
    ...still gives you that gangster look of the 80's.

THE ONLY REASON I WOULD GET THAT KIT!
    TO BE GANGSTA!!!!!!!!!!

AlBundy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe

Looks good to me.

thu
    thu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville

RBD,

Do you have future plans to allow the phone button on the steering wheel to work with the BlueStar? It would be nice to use the phone via the steering wheel phone button, too.

I searched for "steering" and "phone button" all through this 13-page thread and didn't see a mention of this. I read the manual that's on your website and didn't see mention of the phone button. So, I assume that the steering wheel phone button doesn't work on the current BlueStar.

Thx

RustyBlazerDude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 EXT, 2001 DTS

Currently only the volume control on the steering wheel is supported.
    I'll look into the phone control, but I'll have to get my hands on a car with this feature in order to make this upgrade. My 2001 has useless fan controls on the wheel.(Which btw drive me crazy because I always thought they should be swapped with the radio controls, but thats a topic for another thread.)

thu

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBlazerDude View Post
    My 2001 has useless fan controls on the wheel.(Which btw drive me crazy because I always thought they should be swapped with the radio controls, but thats a topic for another thread.)
    That's what I think, too. It would be much more handy if the radio controls were on the left and the phone/temp controls on the right.

If you want me to beta test a BlueStar w/ steering wheel phone button control, I'd be happy to do that.

Thx

im on board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CDConcours is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Cadillac Deville Concours

Hello I've been looking for something like this for a long time! I have a 97 De Ville Concours, in that year on star was integrated in to the optional cell phone, (which my car never had) however all Concours 97 and up are pre wired with microphone, controls are mounted on the steering wheel right hand side, connections for phone are in the console and I believe there are connections in the trunk, I upgraded my stereo to RDS CD Cass it has the cell phone on star and cd changer controls on screen, let me know if I'm on the rite track, I believe many 97 and newer Eldorado's and maybe 97 STS are similar, also I can post pics of these components in car if that would help. Also has anyone tried a 2000 or newer nav unit in a 97 before I know all 97 up Concours have the console with the rounded shaped radio it resembles the newer nav's but couldn't find one to try thanks!

oldeja is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The phone on the wheel is a good question. Rusty, is that something that you may be able to add quickly? I want to order one now, but I would certainly wait to have the phone button work.

Also, do any of the beta testers have any pics of your installs? That would be cool to see????

Well I Have The "face Talking" Button And "end" Button On My Left Steering Wheel Controls.
    When I Press The "face Talking" Button It Expects Me To Give Voice Command Like....fm Radio1 Or Map Or Cd Changer, Etc...

I Think It Would Still Function That Way If The Bluetooth Mod Was Done.
    Thet Never Worked With My Onstar....i Dont Think.

But I Woul Dlike To Know If It Does.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

wont work
    the commands for the nav are still controlled through the VCIM as i understand
    the VCIM is unplugged for this mod

RustyBlazerDude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 EXT, 2001 DTS

Hmmm. As I mentioned before, I don't have access to a car that has those buttons so I don't know when I will be able to figure out what I need to know in order to implement it.

MR. Goodbar has me a little worried about it though, since something is already using this button for speech commands. I assume that his vcim is using the onstar microphone to do some voice recognition to change the input source on the radio.

If a bluestar is installed (and therefore vcim removed) this feature might go away. The good news is that I'll have the button all to myself to do whatever I need.

I'm guessing that it acts the same as pressing the phone button on the mirror, in other words it initiates a call. Likewise it should probably answer a call as well. Is that correct? The "end" button is obvious, but does everyone who has the "talking mouth" button have the "end" button? Or did they combine the "talking mouth" with other features? I saw a link in another forum where people were remapping these buttons (since without a phone they are totally useless) to the temp/fan control buttons. Apparently there is a hack for that somehow. If I could do the opposite, maybe I could figure out the buttons using my car! Any help here appreciated.

Regardless, we might have to wait for rev 2 for that change, could be a while. As I mentioned, I don't have it so I really don't miss it, but I can't see reaching up to the mirror as that big an inconvenience. Unless you're making lots of calls, that is.

We're still waiting on pics from the beta testers. Quantum was tied up with the pc install and then realized he had a bad cable ( I had some trouble with the first batch of cables but have since gotten the correct crimping tools) so he just got his stuff together earlier this week and has promised to try and get to the install this weekend. The other guys have just been too busy to put anything together yet for us. I'm confident that both CadillacSTS2003 and Hyperboimmv will come through for us soon.

Another mod I was contemplating was using a moto IHF1000 instead of the HF850. I rejected it originally because it added cost and my phone has voice dialing built in, but maybe some people dont have that feature?

Any feedback on this would be helpful, too. Perhaps I could have my board interface to both units and offer a choice. But if nobody wants the ihf1000 i won't bother.

And lastly, I have received a few orders since going live atand want to thank those who placed them. I am working hard on getting them out asap.

thu

RBD,

I have the talking mouth button that's also the END button. When I hit the top part of this, I can give the NAV and Entertainment system voice commands (like "screen off", "FM1", "I'm Hungry", "Mark This Point").

It would be a bummer if this functionality went away with the installation of the BlueStar. Using the voice commands is the best way to turn off navigation if you have a destination activated. Otherwise, you have to navigate through a few menus to get to the "Cancel Route" soft key. Kinda hazardous when the car is moving.

I have the 2003 Seville Navigation/Audio manual in PDF format. If you don't have it, I can send it to you if you think it will help.

CadillacSTS2003, you have the BlueStar still installed, right? Can you still control you NAV and audio system via voice commands?

Thx

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.