OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; How big is this module? Where does the module plug in? Will it pair with my T-Mobile BlackBerry?...
    skippydts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS AWD - Black inside and out

Re: OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!!

How big is this module?
    Where does the module plug in?
    Will it pair with my T-Mobile BlackBerry?

mrgoodbar67 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac DTS Deville on Vogues and DTS Blades

I havent checked the forum in a whiel, otherwise i would have been on board the first minute ths post was up.
    Please count me bro.
    Ive been looking for this for a LONG TIME.
    That was the only reason i bought the pioneer avic d3. To use my ipod and cellphone.
    Now that i have the aux in hack that sts2003 made on my stock nav and you have this........i can use the phone too!!!!!
    Much appreciated if you really get this going bro.
    ALLOT OF US on this forum, IM SURE, ARE IN.
    Heres my email just as fyi
    mrgoodbar672001@sbcglobal.net

fyi
    i have a 2002 dts with the stock nav unit and whenever i press the onstar button or the phone button, a screen with a number key pad, answer, end, phone book buttons pops up. Will this still happen when your interface is installed? Will i be able to dial using the screen buttons and phone book contacts saved into the nav unit?

Ill take a pic and post to show what i mean.

Anyone alse have a stock nav with onstar that can chime in?
    And im talking factory installed, not the nav units sts2003 sells. Just saying that cuz it might make a diff.

Anxiously waiting.

AlBundy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe

What nav unit sts2003 sells? Interested but no nav unit.

Heres the link that tells you everything about his creation.

it works on devis, sevis and eldos...from what i read.

Ill take pics and maybe even vid of the nav with onstar displayed and aux hack running.

Its worth getting it from him. Thats if he still does them and has any.

cadillacsts2003 has a gr8 rep so hes legit, and is a genius.....
    maybe if you continue with your bluetooth creation and come through for us here, youlll get the title too.... some day.

Weve heard the 00-05 deville bluetooth solution before but it turns out to be BS.
    So dont think were not interested...just tired of the "solution" talk.
    But if youre for real an dhave action to go with that talk, and send us one for testing (especially me so that i can test it on my stock nav with onstar and see how it works with the on screen dial pad menu etc...) well definitly be able to reccommend it and push it for you here and everywhere.

hope you come through bro

pics and possibly vid of my onstar and aux vid/audio hack working will be up tommorrow.

keep us updated

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

where have you been AL lol
    if devise how to install a fully functional nav into any 98-04 Seville 00-05 Deville and am still working minor tweaks for the 96-97 Seville/96-02 Eldo

as for the bluetooth youll get more interest beyond a doubt with more exposure and that can only come from word of mouth on a good product
    with a movie clip and one or two OP (original posters that are trusted) youll be able to move it, also a price would be handy

Heres a pic of my nav screen displaying what comes on when i hit the "OnStar" or "Phone" button.

Once i press the button, the OnStar lady intros her self and the whole OnStar system "selling pitch".

When its done, the image returns to the normal screen you were on prior to pressing the OnStar button (radio, nav map, cdx,dvd, aux, etc..)

Ive never had the onstar active so i have no idea how the dial pad and phone option work but im sure its just las a phone.

I would love to check if the bluetooth solution that rustyblazerdud came up with on my screen dialpad.
    If it works to its full potential, it would make it even better!

Hey Al,
    I posted pics of the nav that sts2003 sells with hack in action on the "how to install stock nav into non staock nav cars" thread.
    Check em out...im pretty sure you get one.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodbar67 View Post
    Heres the link that tells you everything about his creation.

it works on devis, sevis and eldos...from what i read.

Ill take pics and maybe even vid of the nav with onstar displayed and aux hack running.

Its worth getting it from him. Thats if he still does them and has any.

cadillacsts2003 has a gr8 rep so hes legit, and is a genius.....
    maybe if you continue with your bluetooth creation and come through for us here, youlll get the title too.... some day.

Weve heard the 00-05 deville bluetooth solution before but it turns out to be BS.
    So dont think were not interested...just tired of the "solution" talk.
    But if youre for real an dhave action to go with that talk, and send us one for testing (especially me so that i can test it on my stock nav with onstar and see how it works with the on screen dial pad menu etc...) well definitly be able to reccommend it and push it for you here and everywhere.

hope you come through bro

pics and possibly vid of my onstar and aux vid/audio hack working will be up tommorrow.

keep us updated
    For got the link in my original post. My bad.
    Heres the link...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...eady-2-go.html

hyperboimmv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS, 92 Eldorado ETC, 87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

Well basically the only thing that I think would be useful for me is the class 2 communication. I have a motokit with the button module on my dash. I have no problems leaving that there, if I could make it go through the radio, with the radio being controlled by the class 2 interface, I would just have to wire my module through to the audio. So I guess what I am saying is if your board would have inputs I could tap into, to make the radio "accept a call and route audio through the speakers" I could probably do the rest. I am assuming that the radios are all the same for a certain year group (communication wise (read:class2)). I just don't know what models had the mirror driven onstar.

I mean as it stands right now, I am trying to figure out a way to 'safely' attach my motokit to my center and left channels, and power off the radio when the phone is active. But since I have no way of attaching to a mute wire, and would have to cut the 12v B+ wire to the radio, effectively removing all power, I don't see an easier way of doing this unless I have access to the communication bus. When I get home, I am going to look over some schematics for my model and a few newer blue onstar button based models. In theory all I would need is the Class2 TX and RX, and Audio - and + for at least one channel that is accessed by the radio via the class2 "switchover, or call mode".

And RustyBlazer, I think that there isn't a lot of interest because there have been a lot of products like this that have been thought up, and never actually produced. I think people don't put forth the effort to say they are interested only to have their hopes lost because the product never sees life. I am sure once like 5 people on the board have this, you will have a large thread.

AlBundy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodbar67 View Post
    Hey Al,
    I posted pics of the nav that sts2003 sells with hack in action on the "how to install stock nav into non staock nav cars" thread.
    Check em out...im pretty sure you get one.
    Thanks alot. That thing look great. I've got to catch up on forum business.

RustyBlazerDude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 EXT, 2001 DTS

Fair enough hyperboimmv, I see what you mean about false expectations. All I can say is it works in my car, and I have made a board which I will give to you guys to try. If you are happy with it, we can then see where it goes from there. At that point we can look at pricing, but I'm sure it will be reasonable. If I can secure enough business, perhaps I can contact a moto wholesale ditributor and get better pricing on the HF850 module. I'm thinking the whole solution should be around $200-$250 depending on what the moto goes for.

Let me clarify a few things though, about how and what it does.

It does NOT work in conjunction with the OnStar Navigation interface. It simply reads the button pushes from the mirror, and communicates that to the moto HF850 module. As far as I know, the mirror on all GM cars is the same, and acts only to supply keypresses to the onstar unit. It has no sophistication itself. My unit should work in a car with navigation, just nothing will display on your nav when a call is being made or received.

It WILL sense off hook status from the moto module and mute the radio via class 2 data command, exactly as the onstar unit would have done it if it were still installed. The audio from the moto module (which is actually received via bluetooth from your phone) is sent to the cars amplifier which is also switched via class 2 data to take the input from what was the onstar device, and is now my interface module. When the call is over, the radio will unmute, and the amplifier will be switched to take the radio's input.

I promise I will make a video showing all of this more clearly once I get back home next week. It will show how to install the unit and how to make and receive calls.

I will also provide pictures of my onstar equipment that was removed and connector information from my service manual that shows the units interface.

I'm hoping that they are the same as my 01 DTS. IF so, its a plugin.

Now if you already have the moto kit installed, you need to unplug all the connectors including power, mic, speaker, AND keypad. This all goes away. The only thing you keep is the core module as shown in my pic. The board I'm going to give you plugs right in where all those cables were. The onstar mirror buttons will replace your keypad, the onstar mic will replace your moto mic, the audio, power and class2 connections will go through the attached harness and plug right were the onstar unit plugged into.

As mentioned, I'll do all of this once I get back home. And I should be able to ship out ~5 units for trial so that they should be in your hands by next weekend. Once we confirm cable pinouts for your specific vehicles, I'll get your addresses.

Thanks again for all your inputs.

-RBD

It all sounds good bro thanks.
    Please do make me when of those testers so that i may test it with my nav...and see what happens once its installed.
    Keep us updated.

quantum is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'm still in for one too! I love being a beta tester

hyperboimmv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS, 92 Eldorado ETC, 87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

RBD,

Do you happen to have a wiring diagram or at least a pin out that you could possibly send me? That may help me in my search to figure out how I can customize this to fit what I need. I mean, there is no way I am going to beable to get around not having the keypad, so if you were to have a board that didn't have any connectors on it, that would be perfect for me, because I would probably need to solder some wires in place of the connectors so I can clip/splice into the right areas.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

well
    as soon as your ready for testing let me know

RustyBlazerDude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 EXT, 2001 DTS

I'll get you pinout info when I get home.

Why cant you do without the keypad?

Between the onstar buttons and the volume control on the steering wheel, you have everything you need (or at least everything that is available on the moto keypad).

I'll work with you to customize it as you need, but help me understand why.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.