OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!! - Page 19
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; The application guide on the website shows the 2007 Escalade requires the new GMLAN 29-bit system. They are now taking ...
    chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

Re: OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!!

The application guide on the website shows the 2007 Escalade requires the new GMLAN 29-bit system. They are now taking orders for it.

xxia is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Deville

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBlazerDude View Post
    Don't sweat it liqidvenom,
    I offer a 60 day full refund if you have ANY problems at all.
    There are several happy CTS customers already. Did you check the CTS forum for their input?
    I wish to get a bluestar for my 2002 Cadillac Deville. I am in Canada (Ottawa). Can you ship to me without having me go through the Customs Office paying import tax?

I would suggest that you contact them via the link on their website to ask...you will probably get a faster response.

Tug Boat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by xxia View Post
    I wish to get a bluestar for my 2002 Cadillac Deville. I am in Canada (Ottawa). Can you ship to me without having me go through the Customs Office paying import tax?
    I am in BC. Ordered one a few months ago. They shipped USPS and I didn't have to pay any import tax. Only extra cost was the exchange rate..........ouch.

Gearhead53 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Escalade

I just found this place today and am interested in how you have proceeded with the bluetooth conversion you did for Onstar. I have a long-standing automotive shop and I would love to try and market somewthing like what you have done if it works well. How can I contact you directly?

There is contact information on the Costartech website.

agreif is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS DI AWD

Does anyone know if the Bluestar kills the voice commands for Nav in the 08+ CTS's?

huldafolk6061 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Question Re: OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!!

I have ordered a conversion unit for my 2004 SRX. I don't have a clue as to how to remove the interior panels to access the onstar unit in the SRX. I believe the unit is behind the subwoofer in the rear passenger side panel. Please provide a detailed description of how to remove the panels . I am afraid of damaging the panels. THX DGM

I would recommend buying a factory service manual from eBay or brand new from Helm, Inc. If you are going to work on your car, you MUST have one. The proper way to remove panels and such are in there.

big_willie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS V Black Raven

does anyone know if the Bluestar PNP works in the 2007 CTS? I would really like to get one of these. I sent an email to the costartech website and i haven't recieved a response yet.

RustyBlazerDude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 EXT, 2001 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by big_willie View Post
    does anyone know if the Bluestar PNP works in the 2007 CTS? I would really like to get one of these. I sent an email to the costartech website and i haven't recieved a response yet.
    Hi, 2007 CTS uses the GMLAN-29 kit. Works with steering wheel controls.
    I didn't see an email. When did you send it?

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBlazerDude View Post
    Hi, 2007 CTS uses the GMLAN-29 kit. Works with steering wheel controls.
    I didn't see an email. When did you send it?
    Is this different then the system we have been using for blue tooth which isnt working well for the first gen cts?

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    Is this different then the system we have been using for blue tooth which isnt working well for the first gen cts?
    GMLAN protocol seems to more consistent across vehicle year / model / options, than CLASS2, and as such is more stable. Plus it uses all the steering wheel controls. Same system, different vehicle interface.
    I'm working on improving the compatibility across the original CTS' along with adding full steering wheel control. Will post when available.

galaxy1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS V6 Lux

Quote Originally Posted by big_willie View Post
    There is a product called the Galaxy 1000 that WILL work with your 2007 CTS. It is 1 unit (no Motorola interface required) that is simply plug and play. I am biased but it does work fantastic!!!

Do a google search for the Galaxy 1000, there's also a couple of you tube videos, or go to galaxy1000.com

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy1000 View Post
    There is a product called the Galaxy 1000 that WILL work with your 2007 CTS. It is 1 unit (no Motorola interface required) that is simply plug and play. I am biased but it does work fantastic!!!

Do a google search for the Galaxy 1000, there's also a couple of you tube videos, or go to galaxy1000.com
    Not only are you biased, but you've got a set of balls too, jacking this thread.
    It's bad enough you've been doing this everywhere else, but this thread is special, it is the one that started the BlueSTAR project over a year and a half ago.
    If you have a product to sell (or more accurately, someone else's product ) start your own thread, don't jack mine. That's sleazy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.