OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!! - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; *bump*...
    thu
    thu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville

Re: OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!!

*bump*

02Lackey is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac STS w/ F55

I bought the BlueStar PnP for my '02 STS and it works. But, the LED backlight for the mirror buttons won't turn off. Any ideas? I sent an email to costar tech support but haven't received an answer yet. I want to fix this ASAP.

I installed the BlueStar PnP on my car and it works but my mirror button backlight stays on constantly. I ohmed out the module and there was no short. The backlight stayed on all night. Luckily hasn't drained my battery. Anybody have any ideas?

RustyBlazerDude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 EXT, 2001 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by thu View Post
    Rusty,

Did you solve the problem regarding the "End" key on the steering wheel? Earlier in this thread we were discussing if the addition of your module would deactivate the voice recognition for the NAV and entertainment systems.
    Found a guy on Trailvoy forum that helped with the additional steering wheel commands, but he only had the talking mouth, no end button.

My post for help in the regional section went unanswered.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...lp-needed.html

Sorry for the delayed response, been out of town for a while.

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

Quote Originally Posted by 02Lackey View Post
    I installed the BlueStar PnP on my car and it works but my mirror button backlight stays on constantly. I ohmed out the module and there was no short. The backlight stayed on all night. Luckily hasn't drained my battery. Anybody have any ideas?
    I thought my BlueSTAR was doing the same thing. It turned out that the module stays on for a few minutes after the last door is closed, and turns on as soon as the car wakes up (remote unlock or door open). I thought the light was staying on all the time, but it actually just takes a while to go off and instantly lights up when you get ready to get in the car. Go out and look through the window without pressing any buttons on the remote or the door handle after the car has sat for a while. You will probably notice the light is off.

thu

Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3 View Post
    I thought the light was staying on all the time, but it actually just takes a while to go off and instantly lights up when you get ready to get in the car. Go out and look through the window without pressing any buttons on the remote or the door handle after the car has sat for a while. You will probably notice the light is off.
    This might be the car's Battery Guard is turning off the power to everything in the car. You'll also notice it if you leave the interior lights on or leave the trunk open. After about 10 minutes, the car will turn all electricity in the car off in order to save the battery.

I've done all those things. I approached it without unlocking it and the lights were on. I sat in the car with it locked and with nothing on and key out of the ignition (boring as heck too) with no change. It is alright though CoStar responded and said the first couple of PnP units they made had this defect and that they would gladly replace. These guys are great customer service reps.

Agreed. They have great customer service. I had a low volume issue, and it was repaired quickly. Now, I have a new problem. I recently bought an iPhone and sadly the iPhone doesn't appear to be compatible with the Motorola HF850 that the BlueSTAR uses. Anyone here using the iPhone with their BlueSTAR?

xPosTech is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Sterling 01 ESC

Agreed. They have great customer service. I had a low volume issue, and it was repaired quickly. Now, I have a new problem. I recently bought an iPhone and sadly the iPhone doesn't appear to be compatible with the Motorola HF850 that the BlueSTAR uses. Anyone here using the iPhone with their BlueSTAR?
    No but . . . how much do you want for the BlueSTAR?

Seriously. Not just .

Ted

crusher is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I recently bought two PNP units for a 2003 and 2005 Escalade. Products work perfectly as advertised. Also, I contacted Chris about a problem that I created during installation and all I can say is the custom service and Chris are the best. Love the product and love the company....

Quote Originally Posted by xPosTech View Post
    No but . . . how much do you want for the BlueSTAR?

Seriously. Not just .

Ted
    Well, I'm trying to adjust to the connection delay on incoming calls. Chris offered to refund my purchase, but if I can get my usual callers to get used to waiting about 10 seconds before we can talk when they call me, I may manage.

mtflight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond ETC

Hmm wondering if you have the latest Firmware for the iPhone? It should pair no differently than any other bluetooth accessory, one would think. I have a 3G and have a Scosche bluetooth receiver (audio/phone) in my car (not a car kit, but rather has audio out), as well as a motorola ear receiver.

Yes, I had version 2.2 firmware when I posted the above, and have since upgraded to version 2.2.1 hoping it would help, but no change. Apple has taken a stand that they don't need to address the issue because Motorola has discontinued the HF850.

thu

RustyBlazerDude,

Just a note if you ever find an STS with the BOSE/NAV with voice recognition and the TALK/END button on the steering wheel:

If you push the TALK/END button up, the car's voice recognition system waits for a voice command. If you HOLD that button UP, the car's cell phone waits for a voice command.

In other words, that button controls both the NAV/BOSE and the CarPhone's voice recognition systems. Push momentarily up and you get the NAV/BOSE voice recognition mode. Push and HOLD up and you get the Cell phone voice recognition mode.

Hitting END (pushing TALK/END down) terminates either/both NAV/BOSE and CellPhone voice recognition mode, whatever mode you're in.

Hope that helps.

If you're ever in my area, give me a holler and you can hook up your CAN2 Bus sniffer to my car. I think you're on the other side of the country, so this is prolly unlikely.

RustyBlazerDude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 EXT, 2001 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by thu View Post
    RustyBlazerDude,

Just a note if you ever find an STS with the BOSE/NAV with voice recognition and the TALK/END button on the steering wheel:

If you push the TALK/END button up, the car's voice recognition system waits for a voice command. If you HOLD that button UP, the car's cell phone waits for a voice command.

In other words, that button controls both the NAV/BOSE and the CarPhone's voice recognition systems. Push momentarily up and you get the NAV/BOSE voice recognition mode. Push and HOLD up and you get the Cell phone voice recognition mode.

Hitting END (pushing TALK/END down) terminates either/both NAV/BOSE and CellPhone voice recognition mode, whatever mode you're in.

Hope that helps.

If you're ever in my area, give me a holler and you can hook up your CAN2 Bus sniffer to my car. I think you're on the other side of the country, so this is prolly unlikely.
    Hi Thu,
    Thanks for the offer and info. I've been alerted that some of the voice commands that work the nav go through the onstar vcim. Obviously, if that gets removed, this function will no longer work. I'm working to see how we can get around this and keep this feature as well as use it for the phone as described. First, though, I need to get the GMLAN version working.

What first started as a simple mod to my vehicle is now getting out of control! But too late to stop now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.