OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!! - Page 13
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Ahh - now I get it, the HF850 case plugs directly into the circuit board! Could make mounting this a ...
    ocgltd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

Re: OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!!

Ahh - now I get it, the HF850 case plugs directly into the circuit board! Could make mounting this a challenge...but I'll wait and see.

The term leverlock is new to me....My 01 STS has 3 devices in the rear (to be removed): Analog cell, VCU, and VIU. A total of 3 connectors will be available once these units are removed. Is one of these connectors the "leverlock" one?

RustyBlazerDude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 EXT, 2001 DTS

The other end of the three headed monster to which you refer, is the lever lock.
    On your onstar, there is a blue and red connector, and the cell unit has the DB25. These all go into a harness that terminates with the lever lock. When you install the BlueSTAR, you can remove the onstar box VIU and the cell unit AND the three headed monster harness and tie into the lever lock.

this is an old pic, but it shows the Harness, BlueSTAR and HF850.

You can mount it with either tie wraps or double sided tape works well too. Once the old dead weight onstar is removed, you'll have plenty of room.

The 'Lever Lock' name is Delco connector series, and it gets its name (obviously) from the fact that the big lever locks the connectors in place. (You need to squeeze the sides in to open the lever, btw.)
    Attached Images

thu
    thu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville

I've been away from this thread for a while and now I'm trying to catch up. Reading back a few screens' worth of postings, I didn't see if the problem of the 'end' key on the steering wheel being INOP after BlueSTAR installation has been solved. Has it?

Thanks.

carguyshu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have a 00 STS that DID NOT come with onstar originally.

1) If I purchase the mirror that has the onstar buttons on it, will the Bluestar plug-n-play work? Would I need any other additional wiring, harness or other thing? I assume that pretty much everything is there (the microphone, wiring, etc.) and that the onstar option came with the different mirror and onstar box with antenna.

2) If this would work under the scenario of me just having to buy a mirror from an onstar car off ebay or junkyard, if I did the conversion to a DVD nav using Cadillacsts2003's harness, would it also work?

I have not seen either of these 2 topics covered yet....

I would guess that the onstar wiring/harness is already present (standard) on all the caddies...but pull your back seat back to have a look. If you see the big 40 pin locking connector you are probably ready to roll..

As for DVD...I'm not sure but I would guess yes. The costartech device appears like a regular onstar VIU/VCU to the rest of the car. It's probably worth asking the costartech guys about that one.

docjust is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

RBD,

I have a 2006 CTS. Is it the BlueStar that I need? I'll do what it takes to get this done, it's EXACTLY what I've been looking for.

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

Are these available for sale, Rusty? If so, let me know where to send the money!

bonemaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): dts

Exclamation Re: OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!!

I have an '02 DTS and am looking for this exact thing.

I sat here and read almost the entire thread and am very interested in getting one of these in my car. I've got the onstar buttons on the mirror and the mouth/end button on the steering wheel.

What do I have to do to get one of these?

Please e-mail - [email removed by admin - not a good idea to post your email address on a forum.]

I am new to this forum and joined today to read this interesting thread.

Thanks,
    Tony

mrgoodbar67 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac DTS Deville on Vogues and DTS Blades

Did you read the entire thread?
    Probably not.....Go to www.costartech.com

bonemaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): dts

You're right I didn't read the entire thread, I skipped pages 11 through 18. I'm a little slow,
    I searched the entire website you gave me and found no information or products as discussed in this thread. Is there any more information anyone else can give me?

Quote Originally Posted by bonemaster View Post
    You're right I didn't read the entire thread, I skipped pages 11 through 18. I'm a little slow,
    I searched the entire website you gave me and found no information or products as discussed in this thread. Is there any more information anyone else can give me?
    No worries, Master of the bone, it's a long thread. I sent you PM with contact info if you have any questions.

You must have searched the wrong website since all info is posted under the products tab. Try again. www.costartech.com

2dfx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac DeVille

I have a 2003 base DeVille w/analog onstar, I am DEFINATELY ordering one of these modules! Fantastic invention, RBD my kudos for developing a device to modernize our cars! Just finished reading the entire thread and I have one question - for the dialpad on the dvd nav deck, is there not a way to integrate that in? With the onstar module, presumably all the unit does is sends the digits over class2 to the onstar module and places the call...can the same not be done in terms of translating that info from class2 over bluetooth to the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by 2dfx View Post
    I have a 2003 base DeVille w/analog onstar, I am DEFINATELY ordering one of these modules! Fantastic invention, RBD my kudos for developing a device to modernize our cars! Just finished reading the entire thread and I have one question - for the dialpad on the dvd nav deck, is there not a way to integrate that in? With the onstar module, presumably all the unit does is sends the digits over class2 to the onstar module and places the call...can the same not be done in terms of translating that info from class2 over bluetooth to the phone?
    You are correct in that the nav data is transmitted to the onstar via class 2 data, but even if we could figure that out, I would not be able to get the numbers into the hf850 and back to the cell phone to dial.

Hey there's and idea!! CoStarTech - how about mfg replacement buttons?

I agree - I sometimes press the wrong one...but I'm learning

thu
    thu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville

Rusty,

Did you solve the problem regarding the "End" key on the steering wheel? Earlier in this thread we were discussing if the addition of your module would deactivate the voice recognition for the NAV and entertainment systems.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.