OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!! - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by hyperboimmv And as far as I know this module should work on any gm car with analog ...
    hyperboimmv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS, 92 Eldorado ETC, 87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

Re: OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hyperboimmv View Post
    And as far as I know this module should work on any gm car with analog onstar. If this is your board, I'd patent it and post on every gm forum. You'd make a mint.
    Heh I think I was right... I should be a fortune teller :-D.

Agarwal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I was very excited with this kit, until I discovered that the Motorola HF850 doesn't seem to support A2DP (for playing music with good quality from the phone to the car's speakers). Is it possible to get the kit working with a different bluetooth unit and if not, is such a thing planned? Thanks a lot.

I think if Rusty Did this, he'd have to some how program his board to .. imitate the cd changer. The only way I see this working is if he makes his board pretend to be the cd changer, hook up to the cd changer port on the E&C bus and let the Left and Right audio pass through to the headunit. You would still have to find another source for the telephone audio to go though *either the onstar interface or the telephone interface on the bose amp*.

I see what you mean.
    I guess I could always add yet another bluetooth unit (like the Scosche BlueLife; I installed one of those in another car) hooked to the same place where you guys connect the iPod kit... I'm wondering how good my phone would handle having the "headset" functionality routed to one device while having the "headphones/a2dp" routed to another, though.

Well, I guess I'll have to find out Unless someone has a better idea... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Agarwal View Post
    I'm wondering how good my phone would handle having the "headset" functionality routed to one device while having the "headphones/a2dp" routed to another, though.
    Actually the device should be able to handle that just fine.

RustyBlazerDude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 EXT, 2001 DTS

You know, I haven't tried it, but I think the BlueSTAR might work with the Motorola IHF1000 unit. That has A2DP, and alot of other features as well. It is however, a more expensive solution.

Would the BlueSTAR (are talking about the BlueSTAR PnP?) automatically mute the radio/changer when the IHF1000 plays music streamed from a2dp?

Edit: hmm, after reading some specs and review, I'm not so sure that the IHF1000 supports a2dp... are you 100% positive it does?

Quote Originally Posted by Agarwal View Post
    Would the BlueSTAR (are talking about the BlueSTAR PnP?) automatically mute the radio/changer when the IHF1000 plays music streamed from a2dp?

Edit: hmm, after reading some specs and review, I'm not so sure that the IHF1000 supports a2dp... are you 100% positive it does?
    I think your right about the IHF1000, but the T605 definitely supports it. I just got one for testing so I'm working on the interface for that now. It's relatively cheap and more available than the HF850.

It also supports streaming bluetooth audio, as well as hardwired audio in. (Bluetooth takes priority).

In audio streaming mode, you want to go into the aux inputs of the radio (if available) and switch it that way since the onstar interface (and therefore blueSTAR interface) is only a mono connection.

Agreed on all you said

So uh... where can I order a kit made for the T605? He he he. Seriously tough, please keep us updated on the progress and any guesstimated ETA you might have. Looking forward to buy a kit! Thanks.

buzzweiser is offline Cadillac Owners Member

can the t605 pair with apple's iphone? I too would like to wait for the T605 if it can pair with the iphone. By the way, thanks for all you have done. I've been looking for a solution for a while and just found your forum.

I just received the T605, I'll probably be installing it (temporarly, ā la iPod kit) this week-end.

mac1usa1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Deville 02 base

Just some feedback on my BlueStar PNP install.
    Received the unit in less than one week.
    Mounted with double stick tape where onstar was.
    Paired to phone fairly easily.
    Quality of calls is exceptional.

MaesMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

this is something im actually really interested in, i have the old analog system in my car. send me a pm with info please

01 catera

ocgltd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

I have a question for those people who have installed the BlueStar: The BlueStar comes with (optional) harness to plugin to GM connector - which for my 01 STS is behind the back seat. But how about connection to the HF850?

1. Does the BlueStar come with connectors to connect directly to the HF850? (and how long are the cables)
    2. Do I need to supply power to the HF850 by splicing into nearby power - or does the BlueStar feed it power?
    3. Does the BlueStar repond to RAP requests to power on/off and does it power down the HF850 too? (assuming it supplies power to HF850)

Quote Originally Posted by ocgltd View Post
    I have a question for those people who have installed the BlueStar: The BlueStar comes with (optional) harness to plugin to GM connector - which for my 01 STS is behind the back seat. But how about connection to the HF850?

1. Does the BlueStar come with connectors to connect directly to the HF850? (and how long are the cables)
    2. Do I need to supply power to the HF850 by splicing into nearby power - or does the BlueStar feed it power?
    3. Does the BlueStar repond to RAP requests to power on/off and does it power down the HF850 too? (assuming it supplies power to HF850)
    I can help you out here.
    1. The BlueSTAR has connector pins on it which plug directly into the HF850 junction box. There are no wires or harnesses required.
    2. All connectivity to the BlueSTAR and HF850 is through the harness connector. (GM Lever Lock) No need to splice or run anything.
    3. The BlueSTAR monitors class2 data traffic and when it sees that the car has "shutdown" for two minutes, it powers down the accessory voltage to the HF850. It will then wake up when it sees class2 data activity.

Here's a picture of the BlueSTAR / HF850 connection.
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.