OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!! - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; yup installed and is a truely awesome upgrade! as for the nav command never tried to be honest when i ...
    CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: OnStar -> Bluetooth Conversion Completed!!!

yup installed and is a truely awesome upgrade!
    as for the nav command never tried to be honest
    when i did my nav upgrade i had the 5 pin voice command however i never took it to the dealer to turn this feature on through the VCIM
    i suppose when it goes in Monday morning i can askm while they have the tech 2 on her if they can turn it on and ill see if it works...

quantum is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

VERY VERY COOL!!!

Confirmed working on 2002 Deville DTS!!!

My setup is a little different than the 2001 it seems. There is only one unit to remove (it's got 2 part numbers), Part #25740426 on the side and Part#25720581 on the top. The factory cable is a different part number too, #12450885. The car phone and Onstar appear to be one unit (since there wasn't a separate phone module). Not 2 units like the pics at the beginning of this thread show. See my pics below, which may be true for 2002 and up...

I haven't searched yet, but this MAY be the digital Onstar upgraded version perhaps? It looked like it was replaced by some technician. When I dropped the trunk tray it was kind of just laying in the clips at an angle and had tape wrapped around it.

BONUS - I'm pretty sure now that was the rattle I heard behind the rear seat. Now that it's out, I'll know for sure tomorrow!

RBD's unit works like a charm, and does everything it says it will do! I have a Motorola Q and was able to voice dial, mute the mike, adjust the volume using the steering wheel controls, etc. The "End" steering wheel button doesn't do anything, the mirror buttons all work as they should.

BONUS #2 - It plays well with the GMOS-06:

Call comes in > Music mutes > Rings through speakers > pick up call with mirror button.

End call > Music fades back up to the same volume.

I do have a current general Class 2 code, (IPC U1000), and on the DIC when I cycle through the options it now says "Phone Not Present" vs. "Phone ON" when the factory unit was in. But it is totally no big deal and doesn't effect the car or unit in any way. It's one of those things that I know I did.

I spoke to RBD about it, and he's going to look into it to make it go away. My guess is that the car is searching for the missing factory phone module. I'm going to disconnect the battery this weekend and see what happens.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, he is also a GREAT guy, very helpful and knows his stuff.

oldeja is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Nice Pics Quantum. Any more would be helpful as well. I have a 2003 dts, so I'm gussing the install will be pretty similar. You didn't mention if the phone button on the wheel works. You said the end button doesn't so I would guess it doesn't work either, but it would be interesting to know. Also, was there power local to the install area, or did you have to run a line from the fusebox?

Thanks for the info sharing.

quantum is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by oldeja View Post
    Nice Pics Quantum. Any more would be helpful as well. I have a 2003 dts, so I'm gussing the install will be pretty similar. You didn't mention if the phone button on the wheel works. You said the end button doesn't so I would guess it doesn't work either, but it would be interesting to know. Also, was there power local to the install area, or did you have to run a line from the fusebox?
    Not really much more to take pictures of The trunk tray looks the same as the ones in the beginning of this thread, and that's about it. I will snap a pic once I get the BlueStar wire-tied in.

I only have one button on the steering wheel for phone (End). It doesn't do anything for the phone with this hooked up, but like RBD said that allows me to tap it for something else, maybe something PC related!

No need to run a power line, the harness taps the 12V from the original connection.

CDConcours is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Cadillac Deville Concours

Hello, I wanted to add that when my RDS radio was installed the dealer had to program my cars vin into the new radio using the cars computer and a special scanner (I don't know what thats called). I've uploaded the pictures of my car 97 DeVille Concours dash setup, phone controls on left side of wheel, RDS radio installed, and the in console connections for the old phone with Onstar ect.
    Attached Images

RustyBlazerDude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 EXT, 2001 DTS

Nice, But do you have the onstar buttons on your mirror?

no he wont
    onstar buttons were on the phone for that gen system

hyperboimmv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS, 92 Eldorado ETC, 87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

Oye so it looks like I need to check in...

I am not sure what else to add for my install... A while ago I attached a PDF showing a small connector on the bose amp that needs to be accessed. It is on the very top of the amp if you are looking at the amp from the interior of the car (You will need to remove the rear seat bottom and back) and it is the smallest of the three connectors. You can get the audio +/- and data from this harness. Something I have ran into that is keeping me from completing my install is running wires under the carpet. I don't exactly want to / have the time to take what is needed out to lift the carpet and run my wires so that everything meets. I currently have a wire running from the ignition to my bluetooth module, and have tapped into that wire for the HyperStar board, and then I am using the CD Changer harness for power etc for the bluetooth module. Everything is currently stored in my center console. I am going to wait and see if I can find a better handsfree kit than the T605. I want to move all of the modules to the back, but the only problem I am having is that my mic wire isn't long enough. I am going to have to find a better mic that I can modify the harness on.

A few things to remember with the HyperStar:
    The board does not actually control the hands free kit, nor does audio pass through it. It acts as a radio mute device only.
    The radio does not control the volume of the call, so if your ringer is too loud, the audio will be distorted. If the call volume is too loud, the volume will be distorted. Use your phone to control the volume for both of these.
    This module can be mounted anywhere you see fit, since it does not have a specific harness to hook into, you can run the single wire you need to interface with the car.

A few tips on install:
    Make sure you have a battery charger. Even with the lights off and everything powered off, having the doors opened seemed to still cause my car to stay 'alert' so the battery eventually drained ( I suppose it didn't help that I worked off an on on this while looking up info etc)...
    Removing the seat back is going to be tough. I am not sure what size socket you will need, as I didn't have one big enough. I used the tire iron... Make sure not to puncture your leather, so keep the edges covered with your hands at all times. The clips on the top of the back are going to be a pain. If I remember right, they are below the inner edges of the headrests. Find them with a plastic tool of some sort before poking around. Once you feel the metal, there is going to be a raised part and a lower part. You need to press down on the raised part to release the seat back.
    You can run the wires along the amp harness and place the modules around in that area somewhere, there shouldn't be too much interference as long as you are away from the battery.
    When putting it all back together, make sure to cover the seat back bolts with wd-40. They were a pain to get out, because the bottom portion is exposed on the underside of the body, but the wd-40 should take care of the rust and make it easier for them to go in.

A side note: For those picky people out there, while the seat back and bottom is out, you could get crumbs and what not out of the stitching and what not.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.. Hopefully I will be able to pay more attention to the board. Send me a PM if needed.

hyper
    i didnt have to pull my rear seat back at all
    i just pryed it back and was able to feel for the plug unplug it and plug the bluestar in
    didnt even remove the onstar system

The hyperstar kit is more of a find the wire and splice it.. There isn't a specific harness you need like the BlueStar.

i was just posting my experience

CDConcours is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Cadillac Deville Concours

My car does not have the buttons on the mirror it was on the phone for that generation.

RustyBlazerDude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 EXT, 2001 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by CDConcours View Post
    My car does not have the buttons on the mirror it was on the phone for that generation.
    In that case, you can use the HyperSTAR module to mute the radio (telephone icon will appear) and use a complete hands free car kit of your choice which has the button controls and microphone.

I have not mapped all the steering wheel controls to eliminate the keypad in your case. It might even be in your vehicle that they are not class 2 commands, but go directly to the onstar controller.

From what I was reading the Hands free steering wheel controls are a TechII programmed option. It asks if there is a car kit installed in the car or not, so I <i>assume</i> that means it makes the steering wheel controls become phone controls, but you never know...

mrgoodbar67 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac DTS Deville on Vogues and DTS Blades

ok, when you guys say phone contols...are you guys talking about the "face talking" button and "end" button on the left of the steering wheel?

If not, what do the phone buttons look like?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.