Double Din For a '96 Deville?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Double Din For a '96 Deville? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; So I bought a double din unit, and installed it in my '96 Deville this past weekend. Sweet! The only ...
    popejohnny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '96 Deville

Double Din For a '96 Deville?

So I bought a double din unit, and installed it in my '96 Deville this past weekend. Sweet!

The only problem I have, and why I turn to you, loyal readers, is this:

Previously I had a standard single-din aftermarket stereo, installed with the Metra kit (or was it Schoche, whatever), that has the pocket on the bottom.

Being that nobody makes a double din kit for DeVilles, I hacked the Metra kit apart so it would fit the new stereo. Great! So it's installed, and it works, but there's a gap on either side of the stereo now, and only on the upper half. It's an eyesore, if you ask me.

I'm well aware nobody makes a kit, but does anyone know if there are any shops that have fabricated a kit for their Deville? Price? Or does anyone know if there is actually a double din kit from another vehicle that could work, with slight modification?

I could buy the ABS myself and sit and sand it until it looks perfect, but I'm lazy.

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Big L is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Luxury, 2001 DHS, 1976 Seville

Re: Double Din For a '96 Deville?

I have an 01 DHS and encountered the same problem. I bought a 1/16" sheet of abs from ebay and razor cut the center to fit my screen. Then I just used adhesive to attach it to the install kit. After the trim is re applied, you cant tell. Also, crutchfield sells a universal double din kit.

Now if only I could get the harness to work and stop blowing fuses!

Necrosan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe

Re: Double Din For a '96 Deville?

Don't use a harness.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.