Center Console Video and Audio RCA Jacks
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By still_walkin
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Center Console Video and Audio RCA Jacks in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have an 07 STS which also has the video in and audio L R in RCA jacks. The owner's ...
  1. #1
    thewood is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Latitude: 414907N Longitude: 0
    Age
    57
    Posts
    48

    Center Console Video and Audio RCA Jacks

    I have an 07 STS which also has the video in and audio L R in RCA jacks. The owner's manual doesn't have much to say about this so, what are the possible uses of this accessory?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Necrosan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MKE
    Posts
    821

    Re: Center Console Video and Audio RCA Jacks

    PS3, ipod, whatever.

  4. #3
    thewood is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Latitude: 414907N Longitude: 0
    Age
    57
    Posts
    48

    Re: Center Console Video and Audio RCA Jacks

    Anybody know if they make a 12v HDTV tuner?

  5. #4
    Necrosan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MKE
    Posts
    821

    Re: Center Console Video and Audio RCA Jacks

    Can't watch HDTV while moving in a vehicle.. Signal is incompatible or something like that. Any of the converter boxes for older tvs (namely "DTV") along with a power inverter should work just fine though if you're parked.

  6. #5
    thewood is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Latitude: 414907N Longitude: 0
    Age
    57
    Posts
    48

    Re: Center Console Video and Audio RCA Jacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosan View Post
    Can't watch HDTV while moving in a vehicle.. Signal is incompatible or something like that. Any of the converter boxes for older tvs (namely "DTV") along with a power inverter should work just fine though if you're parked.
    I'm already aware that you can't watch video while out of park, I think that's a safty feature. When I'm on the road, I'd like to be able to take naps in the car and maybe watch the news. I don't know of any converter boxes that run off of a 12v system. Anybody using any?

  7. #6
    still_walkin's Avatar
    still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    san diego
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,429

    Re: Center Console Video and Audio RCA Jacks

    Quote Originally Posted by thewood View Post
    I'm already aware that you can't watch video while out of park, I think that's a safty feature. When I'm on the road, I'd like to be able to take naps in the car and maybe watch the news. I don't know of any converter boxes that run off of a 12v system. Anybody using any?
    actually you can watch tv will the cars not in park all you have to do is the wire on the harness labeled parking brake dont wire it into the cars braking system ground it and you can theres a loop hole to everything

  8. #7
    thewood is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Latitude: 414907N Longitude: 0
    Age
    57
    Posts
    48

    Re: Center Console Video and Audio RCA Jacks

    Quote Originally Posted by still_walkin View Post
    actually you can watch tv will the cars not in park all you have to do is the wire on the harness labeled parking brake dont wire it into the cars braking system ground it and you can theres a loop hole to everything
    I really don't care to remove the parking brake wire. That not the point of this thread, so lets keep on topic. I'm mainly trying to understand if I anybody has attached a digital TV converter to the video input jacks located on the console. Thanks.

  9. #8
    still_walkin's Avatar
    still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    san diego
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,429

    Re: Center Console Video and Audio RCA Jacks

    Quote Originally Posted by thewood View Post
    I really don't care to remove the parking brake wire. That not the point of this thread, so lets keep on topic. I'm mainly trying to understand if I anybody has attached a digital TV converter to the video input jacks located on the console. Thanks.
    Maybe you shoulda read all that I wrote I'm not telling you to take apart the brake. Ll I'm saying is you can watch tv while the car is in motion and on you harness its a cable labeled brake slpice it from the harness and ground and you can watch while the car is in drive. Don't get mad when someones trying to help you. All I know is my passengers can enjoy tv while my car is in motion good luck

  10. #9
    thewood is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Latitude: 414907N Longitude: 0
    Age
    57
    Posts
    48

    Re: Center Console Video and Audio RCA Jacks

    Moderator, could you please delete the posts from still_walkin as they are off topic. Thanks.

  11. #10
    first.cadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 cadillac sts V8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re: Center Console Video and Audio RCA Jacks

    Still_walkin
    i can get video in motion just without a lockpick on an 05 cadillac sts???
    because it doesnt seem to be related to the brake but the second the car leaves park the video goes away

    id be happy with either the stock nav to work in drive but even better if the video rca cable works in drive.

    thanks

  12. #11
    still_walkin's Avatar
    still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    san diego
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,429
    Idk about your make but what I do know is aftermarket decks they have a wire on the harness that's wired into the brake system so when the car is in motion. So if this wire is is grounded out this option won't work so it should be a simple fix if u can find the wire

  13. #12
    tomm's Avatar
    tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,314

    Re: Center Console Video and Audio RCA Jacks

    Quote Originally Posted by still_walkin View Post
    Idk about your make but what I do know is aftermarket decks they have a wire on the harness that's wired into the brake system so when the car is in motion. So if this wire is is grounded out this option won't work so it should be a simple fix if u can find the wire
    Not to keep an old thread going but to prevent someone from trying to find a brake wire to cut... There is NONE. All these vehicles from 2005 and on use the GM Lan Bus to communicate every aspect of the vehicle and its current state. Once you shift into gear the Screen will lock and you can cut all the wires you want unit the nav no longer turns on and it will still not unlock. The only way is with a Lockpick which electronically filters the GM Lan communication going to the radio to remove the data packets telling the Navigation unit that it is no longer in Park.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting