02 escalade aftermarket install issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 02 escalade aftermarket install issues in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Sorry if this has been posted before, ive searched and searched and couldnt find an answer. heres my situation: In ...
    ohhale is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

02 escalade aftermarket install issues

Sorry if this has been posted before, ive searched and searched and couldnt find an answer. heres my situation:

In august 2007, i had an aftermarket navigation system installed (pioneer avic n3). 2 or 3 days after the install, i go out and load my car up for vacation and the battery is dead.

Sept 2007: replaced battery (it was 3 yrs old so i figured what the heck). 3 days later, same deal, battery dead in the morning.
    At this point i take it out to the dealer that installed it and asked them to check the wiring. They insist its all good and wired how it should be wired. I had them remove the navigation system. The car sat for 4 days, without a radio, without being started and fired right up. So at this point, im blaming the navigation system (i bought it off my cousin so i thought maybe it was bad).

Oct 2007: I purchase a brand new pioneer dvd player at circuit city and have it installed. Two days later, same thing.. I take it back, they say its not a wiring issue.

At this point im beyond frustrated, i have the alternator checked out at the local advanced auto..its all good.. i have the new battery rechecked by sears (its a diehard).. its all good.. so basically up until yesterday ive just been pulling the fuse for the radio just so i dont have to get a jumpstart in the mornings. The car will basically last 8-9 hrs with the fuse installed b4 it dies out. Today i take it to cadillac, they check it out and confirm that the drain is coming from the aftermarket stereo but wont fix it, advise me to take it back to the person that installed it..

question.. is there anyone thats had this issue b4?? what should i have them double check?? i work 40-50 hrs a week and goto school so i have no time to mess with things and have to rely in "professional installers" lol

any tips, tricks are greatly appreciated..

1 last note, 2002 escalade, everything stock other than the head unit, its a bose w/ onstar and i purchased the pac-os1 wiring harness from crutchfield..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

91sonomast is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 02 escalade aftermarket install issues

I would take it to your installer and tell them that it is the radio, you had your dealer check it out and they confirmed it, so it is NOT wired up correctly, and if they want to claim that it still is, then ask them to remove it and refund your money. Me personally I am not a big Pioneer fan, if I want something nice like a NAV unit I go with Alpine, and possibly a Eclipse, but to me, nothing has the sound, function, and looks of a Alpine, its expensive, but you get what you pay for, and if it's good enough for BMW and Mercedes-Benz, then it's good enough for me lol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.