99 Deville upgrade to CD?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 99 Deville upgrade to CD? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a 99 Deville and I want to upgrade to a CD. What would be the best way to ...
    bschelle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS 1999 Deville 1991 Eldorado

99 Deville upgrade to CD?

I have a 99 Deville and I want to upgrade to a CD. What would be the best way to go about it? Is a aftermarket doable or how about a donor car? Will I have to worry about the theft programming? Any and all suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

LCLCLC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville

Re: 99 Deville upgrade to CD?

Ok, I'm not totally sure, but I think the base 99's still had the changer in the trunk. Does the radio have a 'Source' button? If so, the radio can have a changer added. If not, you have a very 'base' radio, and it cannot have the changer added. The Concours had the changer in the console, or the glovebox, I'm not sure?

The changers I've messed with, do not have the security stuff that the radio has. Just plug it in and if the radio will support a changer, it will recognize it and you are fine.

Take the spare out of the trunk. Pull up the carpet from the right side, clear down to the bottom of the spare area may be necessary. You should be able to find a wire with a what, a 9 pin connector, either down in the spare area, or over to the right side behind the trunk hinge. The stock CD changer, a 12 cd changer, was bolted down in the right rear area of the trunk with a bracket. I've run one with just velcro on the bottom glued to the carpet to hold it in place, no bracket.

Be sure you find one that fits a 99. There are several that look pretty much the same on the outside, but will only work for certain years.

Ebay is somewhere to look for these. There are also internet companies that sell new ones, for about $350. There is also a company, USA Spec, that sells versions for each different version of Cadillac needs, for about $250.

So you are saying all I have to do is install a CD changer from another car and my tape deck radio will play the CDs? Mine does have the source button too.

LCLCLC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by bschelle View Post
    So you are saying all I have to do is install a CD changer from another car and my tape deck radio will play the CDs? Mine does have the source button too.
    Yes.
    Go hunt for the wiring in the trunk.

I will look for the wires as soon as the weather breaks!

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

you should have th plug back there if your hu says source on it

you cannot add a factory in dash cd player to your car unless you have bose as they all rely on an external amp

CadillacSTS2003, Do you agree that I can just add the changer in the back and I will be able to play CDs through my Non CD radio without the amplifier?

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

oh yea
    the cd changer mounted in the trunk is whats known as a slave unit
    ie it relies on the main hu to control it
    your car should be prewired
    the plug should be on the pass side behind the trunk mat close to the power antenna mass

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.