Seville STS audio question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Seville STS audio question in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi! I just registered here, Anyway I'm hoping I can get help here. I'm planning on purchasing a Seville SLS/STS ...
    atrain is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Seville STS audio question

Hi! I just registered here, Anyway I'm hoping I can get help here.

I'm planning on purchasing a Seville SLS/STS (99-04) sometime in the upcoming summer. My price range would be about 6,500-7,500. I've heard of people finding great deals on these cars with relatively low miles and for a price in the range I previously stated. Also, since their Cadillacs a lot of the owners are smart enough to take care of their cars so I also hope to find one that is a good price and wonderful condition. Anyway, heres my dilemma Car Audio.

When I purchase this car, the first mod I would like to do is add a nice sound system, nothing crazy where my neighbors want to smash my windows out, but something nice and clear and a double-din in dash. My problem is this.. I searched the previous forums I was a member of and found nothing about double din in dashes, also every thread about changing the audio system was replied to with a warning of DO NOT DO IT, YOU WILL SCREW UP YOUR CAR ITS TOO HARD BLAH BLAH...

What do you guys say? Is there a way to do this? hook up a nice system, amp, and a double din in dash?

I was on car domain and I see alot of Seville's with in dashes but they are single-din fold out ones.. and those are not attractive to me at all. In all my searches I've only seen 2 Seville's with double din in dash, so how would I go about doing that in a Seville? also putting a new system in? is there a website dedicated to this because it seems like Seville's seem to be a problem when it comes to car audio from what I've read.

Oh lastly, what year would you guys recommend me looking for? I'd like the most reliable known year to drive that still has all the luxurious options, was there any major changes in 99-04?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

chubbyranger is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55

Re: Seville STS audio question

Many will likely suggest you avoid 99 since there was a design change in the N* motor for 2000 that makes headgasket problems less likely. That said you can find threads from 01-02 drivers about headgaskets going too. I would pay more for one of these cars with service records than less for one without. That said, I bought a 99 at auction with no more than a Carfax, but I was definitely rolling the dice. As for audio, I'm one of the weenies that willl say DON'T DO IT, ITS TOO HARD so you might try this question over in the audio forum. If you get a car with OnStar and intend to use it there are implications in changing systems with that as well.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

7500 youll be lucky to find a low mileage Seville from 98-00 let alone a 00-04....
    how about you spend more money on the car now and worry about the stereo later...

there are no double din kits made, all that are, are custom made, best looking nav is the factory one, the others imho look like crap

late 02, all 03 STS are the best imho due to magride
    98-99 STS's are faster stock dude to the lower emission N* that they have

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Let me qualify this from the get-go: I am not a car audio person. My '02 has played 2 CD's and FM twice in its life (with me, 2 1/2 years) and the 6-CD Bose (no highs, no lows) system gets used for the NOAA weather channels only. Completely different with my home tube system. Listen for hours.

From these threads and the audio/alarm down below, there are quite a few who have created some real problems by hooking amps, batteries, audio, switches, you-name-it to incorrect power feeds in the one, maybe two fuse boxes in their cars (with an '00-'03, you would have two, one engine room and one under the back seat). The problems seem to arise from pulsing power demands and backfeed of distorted voltage spiked into data carrying circuits, setting off alarms and, in some cases, shutting down the entire car.
    If you do a quick search of these threads and the audio section you may get an idea of how to safely install a different system.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.