Anyone Have Onstar Wiring Diagrams for an 00 SLS??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Anyone Have Onstar Wiring Diagrams for an 00 SLS?? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; So now that my onstar is obsolete (not that I ever used it anyway), and GM has provided no upgrade ...
    dirtyguido is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville SLS

Anyone Have Onstar Wiring Diagrams for an 00 SLS??

So now that my onstar is obsolete (not that I ever used it anyway), and GM has provided no upgrade provision, I have nothing to lose by tinkering with the electronics.

I was thinking about this at work today, I'm an EE and I think it should be a reasonably fairly simple process to integrate an aftermarket bluetooth phone kit into the car using the onstar electronics... I.e. the built in mic, connection to the audio system etc.

Anyone happen to have wiring diagrams they can provide?? That would be a start to my research. If I do manage to figure it all out i'll gladly share all the info to make something viable and useable that otherwise is now just dead weight in our cars....

Thanks in advance,

George

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: Anyone Have Onstar Wiring Diagrams for an 00 SLS??

i can look them up later

Please please do....

I promise i'll make it worth everyone's while as far as adding bluetooth to these cars as a replacement for the antequated onstar system.

Take care,

George

egh
    i have my onstar active and did a bluetooth kit through the aux in on my 03 STS factory nav

all the same though im in Chicago right now for the meet, my lap top cannot get on gurls school wireless net so i cannot post pics off my lap top on the net so itll have to wait till at LEAST monday night

No big deal, this isn't a really a pressing issue... I would appreciate them whenever you have the time...

I don't have the factory nav, although I'm sort of tempted by the concept, especially if upgrading to the newer 02+ dvd based version. For now I have a magellan GPS in the car that gets me where I need to go.

I'd like to have BT in the car, if the performance worked well...

At least in my 00, and I don't know until what year, my onstar is now gone the way of the dinosaur. GM doesn't support the hardware anymore at all, so it's useless... if not i'd actually have it hooked up as an aux line to my verizon cell phone plan and have built in hands free calling.

But, as I see it I have nothing to lose by trying to get a BT kit and exploit what the car does have in it.

Take care,
    George

ok
    what all schematics do you need?

Basically whatever you can provide that has to do with the onstar system.

The connections @ the onstar module, rearview mirror etc... Microphone and how it interfaces to the radio / amp.

Basically what I want to do is this:

I have an aftermarket Motorola Bluetooth kit...

I want to use the factory mic if possible, as well as the factory audio interface, so it plays through the speakers etc... It would be also nice to put the radio into phone mode automatically - my bt kit provides a phone mute output if needed... something similar I guess to what happens when you press the onstar button on the mirror.

My onstar is useless in terms of GM no longer supports it, and it's not upgradeable. So might as well do something with it you know?

my e-mail is geoandroulakis@gmail.com

Thanks in advance,

George

onstar "module" is actually the BCM programmed to accept onstar as well as an external module

you could tie into the mic and the best way to tie into the audio would be an aux in however if you tie into the mute signal to the radio the aux in will produce no sound

Well looking at the bose system wiring diagram, there is Cellular Telephone audio in, as well as I THINK microphone input @ connector C3...

Is there a direct mute for the phone? I don't think it's as simple as grounding a wire, however I COULD make the ground from the BT car kit close a circuit, aka press the onstar button on the mirror... and put the radio into phone mode.

I'm an EE and more than anything this is a hobby / challenge. That's why I'm asking for the wiring diagrams, so I can sort it all out...

I have a 2000 SLS with Bose, with the CD/ Cassette head unit.

No Screen / Nav setup with aux in...

When I press the onstar button, it shows a phone on my radio, and the volume for the head unit controls the volume of the onstar recording.

That's why I wanted to study the diagrams, to figure out how to get the rest integrated.

Thanks,

George

i gotcha
    just trying to see what i can limit my pull to as ill be here all night if i was to post everything
    if you were local id copy my ESI from my hard drive to yours as its too large to burn and i dont have a DVD DL burner

I gotcha...

Exactly How BIG is this ESI file you speak of?

Is this like the electronic version of the service manual or something?

Electronic Service Information
    basically the GM service manuals for all GM makes and models 98-05 including wire pin outs, wire schematics, programming info, warranty and tech bulletins, diagnostics, etc etc etc

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.