How do I turn up only the Sub on my '06 CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, How do I turn up only the Sub on my '06 CTS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I just had a 12" Fosgate Punch2 with a 600w amp and a 1.2f cap installed and I know it ...
    PatricksCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS '06

Exclamation How do I turn up only the Sub on my '06 CTS

I just had a 12" Fosgate Punch2 with a 600w amp and a 1.2f cap installed and I know it hits allot hard than it is right now. All I can find is how to turn up the bass, but I dont want to push the mids that high and rather the sub do the work...I left the original deck in because I like all the features it has... Am I missing a setting???? Please help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTS Orlando is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: How do I turn up only the Sub on my '06 CTS

increase the gain on your amp.

Cartdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS

I'm really not sure of how to do it within the system of the Cadillac...not sure IF there is even a way to do it without the BOSE system....not sure..

But if you had that stuff installed on the factory setup...you should have some kind of line level input....

You can increase the 'gain' on that where the speaker wires go into it...should have a small small phillips head screw that you can adjust to give more power to the amp...

FlyFlip420 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Like others said....turn the gain up.....

Let us know if this helps

bracester is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS 03' 3.2L

Shouldn't have bought rockford...ewww..but ya turn the gain up, but make sure to listen for distortion as this could kill your woofer

vancouversh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hey I just installed an amp and sub onto the factory deck of my 06. First off make sure your source signal is coming off the rear speaker output from the stock amp. It's the only full range signal in the car. Second, you're gonna have to turn the bass right up in the eq on the deck. Mine sounds great with that setup. Although it is a big trunk so my 2 10's aren't as loud as they were in the Integra i had before.

PatricksCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS '06

Everyone, thanks for the help! I am able to turn it up by the amp, however do not like the fact the factory stereo does not have this option, oh well!

87vertgt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Cts

My factory radio acted weird when I connected it to a aftermarket amp and woofer....the gains/volumes were weird, the subwoofer never pounded the way it should have. .......I ended up tossing the factory radio and installing a kenwood.

Black4drCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS Luxury Black/Black

You could always run a cable form your amp and mount a remote-bass adjuster thingy up by you that allows you to turn the bass up and down. Every amp ive bought and had installed either came with one, or it was an optional accessory

CTS Orlando is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Bollocks, I installed my JL Audio 250/1 using the high gain leads off of the sub channel only. I have Bass set to flat on the EQ and and the gain set just above flat on the amp. Plenty of thump, never had an issue, don't know why you guys have so many problems.

Quote Originally Posted by vancouversh View Post
    Hey I just installed an amp and sub onto the factory deck of my 06. First off make sure your source signal is coming off the rear speaker output from the stock amp. It's the only full range signal in the car. Second, you're gonna have to turn the bass right up in the eq on the deck. Mine sounds great with that setup. Although it is a big trunk so my 2 10's aren't as loud as they were in the Integra i had before.

FlyFlip420 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I put in the cleansweep and shit is sick sounding

Why mess with anything less

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.