2002 Deville Aftermarket Subwoofer
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 2002 Deville Aftermarket Subwoofer in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I was wondering if it was possible to add an aftermarket amp and subwoofers to the delco system on the ...
    Kyled427 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

2002 Deville Aftermarket Subwoofer

I was wondering if it was possible to add an aftermarket amp and subwoofers to the delco system on the base model of the 2002 Cadillac Deville, and keep the same head unit and other speakers. If this is possible, is there anything special I have to do and what do I have to do different than adding it to an aftermarket stereo?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Incogneatto is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 2002 Deville Aftermarket Subwoofer

i cant help u with the wiring of the amps, but i do have a clarion mono amp in my 02' deville that im looking at selling.( can provide pics if you want). i was wondering if you were interesting selling your factory amp?

cvsting is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville

You can do it but it will have to be a in a box as there just are not any free air aftermarkets out there. You most likely will have to add an amp to power the aftermarket sub also.

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Quote Originally Posted by cvsting View Post
    You can do it but it will have to be a in a box as there just are not any free air aftermarkets out there. You most likely will have to add an amp to power the aftermarket sub also.
    Infinity Kappa Perfect series is rated as free air. The wattage in free air is rather low at 175, but it works well. I have one in my Seville.

Don

cadillac_pimpz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Custom 2005 Cadillac Deville, Pimp Edition

I first got a sound system because the stock subwoofer in the back center went bad. I have a 2000 deville and all the speakers and headunit are stock I just had some subwoofers installed in the trunk and they had to be wired of course. answer your question?

sarb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac Deville

Angry Re: 2002 Deville Aftermarket Subwoofer

HI **Kyled427** I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM I TRIED TO PUT 2 AFTERMARKET SUBS IT WORKS FROM THE FACTORY SUBWOOFER WIRES TO AFTERMARKET AMP BUT WHEN I TURN OFF THE CAR THE AMP INPUT DOSE NOT GO ON I HAVE TO UNPLUG THE AMP INPUT (FACTORY SUB WIRES IN TRUNK) ABOUT 1 MIN THEN IT WORKS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON CAN SOME ONE HELP ??????????? I BEEN DICKING AROUND FROM 5 DAYS AND I GOT NOTHING

MY CAR 2002 DEVILLE STOCK HEAD UNIT NON BOSE. I HOPE SOME ONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS.

still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan

Quote Originally Posted by sarb View Post
    HI **Kyled427** I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM I TRIED TO PUT 2 AFTERMARKET SUBS IT WORKS FROM THE FACTORY SUBWOOFER WIRES TO AFTERMARKET AMP BUT WHEN I TURN OFF THE CAR THE AMP INPUT DOSE NOT GO ON I HAVE TO UNPLUG THE AMP INPUT (FACTORY SUB WIRES IN TRUNK) ABOUT 1 MIN THEN IT WORKS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON CAN SOME ONE HELP ??????????? I BEEN DICKING AROUND FROM 5 DAYS AND I GOT NOTHING

MY CAR 2002 DEVILLE STOCK HEAD UNIT NON BOSE. I HOPE SOME ONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS.
    on your amp if you have one it says remote wire you can hook it up to any fuse thats on when the car is in acc or the antenna off the radio

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.