radio problems (again)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, radio problems (again) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; long story short. Someone stole my aftermarket radio out of my 02 Seville which was a single din unit. I ...
    Incogneatto is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exclamation radio problems (again)

long story short. Someone stole my aftermarket radio out of my 02 Seville which was a single din unit. I thought about upgrading to a double din but I could not find a kit that would fit. So now Im going back to the factory radio. I took it out my trunk where the old installers still had it hooked up so that my electrical dash would work right. They made their own harness and ran it from the factory harness to where the radio was in the trunk. So I unhooked their harness and rehooked up the factory. The radio powered up bit that was it. I put a cd in but it would not play. I know that I need to splice my speaker wires which are now hooked up to an aftermarket amp to the factory harness. But wouldnt the radio still function properly. I know when aftermarket radios do this you just hit a reset button. Has any one had this problem before. Im open to any suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: radio problems (again)

they probably unplugged the amp
    run diagnostics and see if you have any amp codes
    if you dont know how to run diagnostics search in the tech tips section

man that was one the coolest thing i seen that car do. i guesss it does help that its dark outside. but back to whats important. i seen a lot of codes come up . couldnt write all of them down, but i did see it display no amp data. so u were right once again. so could u tell me where the amp is so i can plug it back up.

nah usually No Amp Data means no stored codes
    if the amp wasnt connected it would throw a u1000 code meaning data class communication loss, basically stating that the amp cannot be found

since the amp is making communication with the system then the data class wires (ie the purple ones) on the plug are completing the link
    this means all the wires SHOULD be hooked up correctly
    this may be one of those scenario i cannot figure out because idk how the aftermarket was installed...

it has to be something at the amp id assume unless they ran all new wires from the new hu to the speakers bypassing the amp...

try and explain what the installers did, did they use a t harness that pluged into the stock 32 pin plug leaving wires off of which they connected the hu into then running the stock hu into the trunk?
    with the aftermarket radio did the center channel speak (speak in the middle of the dash) work?

U1000
    did show up. i thought that b/c i unhooked the battery several times that was the reason why some of those codes where coming up. but you hit it right on the head when you asked did they use a factory style plug b/c they did. they left wires off also. and the factory center speaker did play but i dont think that the factory tweets were connected.

amp is in the rear mounted behind the rear seat

best to check and make sure nothing is unpluged...

i took out the back seat and on the rear passenger side there are to black boxes that look to be fully connected. on the rear driver side no boxes but 3 plugs of a descent size( 1 light blue 24pin, 1 dark blue 32 pin, and 1 long black 32 pin) but no connect in sight that they might have plugged into. i have a regular deville w/only the onstar. no satellite radio, night vision, etc. so should any these have female connects. the light blue 24 looks like the one on the back of the radio if that helps any

never mind man. common sense just kicked in. NTUNE Car Audio in Salisbury, NC ripped me off! for my factory amp. almost 3 yrs after the fact its to late to say something to the jerks about it. if i run in to any problems trying to find one or after i install it i'll repost. thanks for the help

search is coming up empty so far. cadilacsts2003 i seen in another post where you sale audio parts (navigation and such). would u happen to have the amp i need or could u point me in the right direction to get 1?

hey, does any one no if this would work in my car (link below) . i called a local dealer and the said 480.00 bills. he also asked for the last 8 in my vin. i could post those to if needed

http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-2002-2003-2...QQcmdZViewItem

nah i dont have the amps
    ill keep an eye out

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.