98 STS Bose Replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 98 STS Bose Replacement in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I know someone's probably going to tell me to search, but I really haven't found a concrete answer yet. I ...
    sscobrapride is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

98 STS Bose Replacement

I know someone's probably going to tell me to search, but I really haven't found a concrete answer yet. I am planing on installing a carputer, have all of the components, molded screen to look stock, and whatnot. I have a question about yanking the Bose junk out.

I know people talk about needing a GMOS06, but since I am required to run all new wires anyway, is it really necessary. Am I gonne have any problems with pulling the bose stuff out other than losing a chime? I'm sure it'll throw a code, but I don't want to lose too much functunality. I do plan on running all new wires and just tap into ign, dim/illum, and whatnot, I'm also running new wires from the pc to the speakers. I was also wondering if anyone had any luck installing an aftermarket sub in the rear deck where the bose crap was?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: 98 STS Bose Replacement

if your yanking the bose and starting from scratch then thatll be fine
    run all new wires to everything bypass all the old wires reuse NOTHING and youll be gold
    imho you should still leave the amp and old hu plugged in somewhere to avoid any electrical problems which you may have
    if you plan on using the illum and other wires though, id get the 06 to maintain the cars systems happiness so you dont need the hu in the car and itll give you the wires you need

rear deck sub is a 12 inch sub should be a straight swap

Thank you. So, in short, I'd be best off buying the GMOS06, plugging it in, and hiding it. The only problem I can think off, would be with the wheel controls. I'm planing on get a PAC IR adapter to adapt the wheel controls for use in a pc environment. I don't think I'll have any problems since the stuff the GMOS controls will be yanked out anyway. Any insight?

Shibby_CBS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Pearl 99 Seville STS

you may have already but check this site out...chances are someone or a few people have already done what you are doing...lots of good info on here for car pc's

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

ummmm
    what site....?

I'd be willing to bet it's mp3car.com. I have unfortunately scrapped and sold the carputer. Wiring info came from the12volt.com, just hardwired everything. I was very disappointed in the sound quality, I suppose I could be called an audiophile. Now, on to wiring a pioneer 880, installing high end components, sound deadening, and some fabricating. Thanks to all for the help, I'll post pics when I see ya'll on the other side.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.