How to install an Amplifier and Subs in a DTS??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, How to install an Amplifier and Subs in a DTS?? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hello eveyone! Firstly, I have installed subs and amp in all of my cars, and I consider myself very knowledgable. ...
    DTS_BOI is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

How to install an Amplifier and Subs in a DTS??

Hello eveyone!

Firstly, I have installed subs and amp in all of my cars, and I consider myself very knowledgable. I have never installed a system in my 01' DTS however, and I have a few questions...

- For my power wire, do I tap the Battery located under my backseat? Also, could you please refresh my memory about how to remove that back seat?

- Secondly, I am keeping my stock head unit, and utilizing a RCA Converter which needs to be tapped into the positive and negative lines of a speaker. Are there any speaker wires (other than removing one of my doors) that I can reach? I have heard that I can tap some speaker wires and a fuse box located under the back seat. Is this true???

- Finally, in the fuse box under my seat, which wire would be a good remote wire?

I have searched this forum for all of these answers without any luck so if you wanna post me some links to some answers that would be terriffic too..

Regards,

- VIC

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: How to install an Amplifier and Subs in a DTS??

VIC, Go down to the technical section, Audio, alarm forum, and start wading through those threads.

I'll warn you that these cars do not like aftermarket systems hooked up to anything near engine management, data transmission, or body control circuits. Very touchy.

Lift the front of the seat pad, slide the seat forward a bit, and disconnect the heated seat cable on the passenger side.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Moved.
    You may get more help here.

danssts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I know this a bit outdated now but I have the same question. You can simply hook your positive wire to the fuse box main power input (located under the red platic cover, it always has power). The ground cable I guess could be grounded to the battery neg terminal, however I grounded mine on the seat belt bolt. The remote wire could by powered by a fuse that gets power with the key in the acc or on position. In my 96 seville I had it tapped into a wire under the steering wheel, but I dont think it had the fuse box under the seat anyway. The rca input convertor can be tapped into one of the rear subs (93-97 deville and seville) between the speaker and the amp (they are together so look to for the 2 wires goinf from the little amp on the bottom to the speaker itself. On the 98+ sev/deville, I have heard that you can tap into the 12" sub. I am currently faced with this question.

Another thing I should mention is that you do not even need the RCA convertor. Most amps come with an alternate input (they look like 2 sets of speaker wires). Tap these 4 wires into the 2 rear speakers (2 per speaker, 1 neg and 1 pos per speaker) (older cars) or both into the rear subs (new cars)

If anyone has anything to add or question, please do so, it has been a while since I have played with this stuff.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.