Radio interface that works? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Radio interface that works? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; i have no experience with the Perpherial kit the Metra GMOS-06 works 100% when i installed it in my STS...
    CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: Radio interface that works?

i have no experience with the Perpherial kit
    the Metra GMOS-06 works 100% when i installed it in my STS

GattiB is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacSTS2003 View Post
    i have no experience with the Perpherial kit
    the Metra GMOS-06 works 100% when i installed it in my STS

Do you think the GM 06 will give ME trouble with the new install ofthe fac Nav STS . . .i think this is what happened to my last lac . . . and it sounds like a very common problem

dude
    you dont need the gmos-06

theres NOTHING aftermarket in your install

i BOUGHT two harnesses a male to plug into the nav radio and a famale to plug into your stock 32 pin plug so you dont have to cut any wires and repin anything

you need to stop worrying...

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacSTS2003 View Post
    dude
    you dont need the gmos-06

theres NOTHING aftermarket in your install

i BOUGHT two harnesses a male to plug into the nav radio and a famale to plug into your stock 32 pin plug so you dont have to cut any wires and repin anything

you need to stop worrying...
    I know man, but after my last TWO lacs declared Death from (what seems to be) these GMO-06 issues, you gotta understand my inquiries . . . it is nothing personal to you or ne1 in here. But I see a lot of these post''s about how much trouble it gives other people, and my last two lacs ( God Bless their souls) scare me that something might happen to this one. Dont take it personal STS , just a concern . . . NOT WORRIED in the least, just not at COMPLETE ease . . . until i do the install and see everythign work without a hitch.

lol
    its all gravy baby

mrgoodbar67 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac DTS Deville on Vogues and DTS Blades

Quote Originally Posted by GattiB View Post
    I know man, but after my last TWO lacs declared Death from (what seems to be) these GMO-06 issues...my last two lacs ( God Bless their souls) scare me that something might happen to this one...
    What do you mean DEATH?!?!?!!!!
    Did the gmos06 cause your cadis to take a dump?!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodbar67 View Post
    What do you mean DEATH?!?!?!!!!
    Did the gmos06 cause your cadis to take a dump?!!!!
    the first one, my 99 deville , was hooked up ( ghetto rigged) by one of my friends , who was a technician and SWORE that he knew waht he was doing. Well after three days of wires stciking out of my console since we needed the correct harness, after cutting and splicing wires into the harness, after multiple attempts . . . the whole thing ended up working . . . ver ywell too .. . . until six months down the road, the amp kept turning off, the car would not start sometimes , and then would be perfect all the other times. so i couldnt keep a car that i could not rely on. so i traded her in for a seville 01 , and since what happened to the last car, i waited PATIENTLY until i had enough cash for a professional install , paid 2500.00 bucks for a dvd unit with remote start and 2 12"s and even the CAPACITOR . . . six months down the road, she started low revving , then not revving at all and shutting dow, then High revving, then over revving at like 3000 rpms . . . while in park . . .then she started F ing up thesensors . . my fuel and temp gauges would either read NOTHING at all, and say i had no gas and it was - 114 degrees outside watch for ice . . or that my fuel was full and the car was over heating . . . GOOD Lord . . . i was so sick of it all i wasnt gonna do nething to this one AT ALL . . until i met STS 03 , he assured me it was cuz of the installers , not the car . and that it WAS POSSIBLE to have a system WITHOUT the HASSLE . . . so pray with me eveyr1 , and thank the lord for STS 2003

mrgoodbar67 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac DTS Deville on Vogues and DTS Blades

Very True. It Was Not The Cars...but The F'd Up Installers. (no Offense To Your Friend)
    Well, Im Sure That It Wasnt The Gmos 06 Plus I Did The Install So Im Sure Ill Be Ok.

you'll be okay. . . as long as you do it yourself , and pay stict attention , oh yeah , and listen to whatever STS tells you , lol . .. Also , he is not my friend nemore, lol, go figure . . . he was a good guy though, sometimes good guys can be idiots . lol

how am i not ur friend anymore lol
    what a smart ass lol

pearlwhite is offline Cadillac Owners Member

try looking for UNIVERSAL STEERING WHEEL CONTROL BY PAC SWIX (PAC ADAPTER) mines cost 68 dollars and works well with my kenwood DDX512 LCD DVD receiver.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.