Aux In for SRX/CTS with No Nav/No Bose/No XM? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Aux In for SRX/CTS with No Nav/No Bose/No XM? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; whats your radios RPO #?...
    CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: Aux In for SRX/CTS with No Nav/No Bose/No XM?

whats your radios RPO #?

ok heres the non nav plug 3 pin out

BOO YUH
    the SRX had a TV option
    even for non nav cars it lies in the CD changer
    now to see if i can find a sort of detection wire in order to add it to the source menu of a non nav car

if not the simplest hack would be to tap into the cd changer wires from the changer to the radio
    put a switch inbound that will shut off the cd changers audio input to the radio and instead provide sound from your external source which you are looking to provide sound from

DanDan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You must purchase the aux input adapter and modify it. It needs to tell the radio to work or your wasting your time. And yes it will work, I install them all the time. To Prindle, when did I say it would not work. You cannot hook up three wires and have it work. It does not work that way. You need the interface, cut the plugs off and hard wire it. All you need is the Power, ground, class 2 data line, and the audio inputs with the shielded common. Thats it. And also program the radio. If it is a 03 made by VDO in Germany, there is a possiblility it will not work because there is no firmware in these radios. Since you have an 04, depending on the build date and whether the radio was ever repaired it should work. If you have an 03 radio and it's a VDO I can almost guarantee it will not work. But hooking up wires directly to the radio will accomplish nothing. It needs to be told through data to accept the aux input. I hope that clears it up.

DanDan

Prindle19 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

yep - it is a VDO

nastymigui is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS V6 2.6 (LY9)

I made a DIY harness when I installed my carputer. It's described in my post:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...4-carputer.htm

It's not as complicated as it looks. Try yourself.

However the problem must be easily solved by installing a Jl Cleansweep.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=94

Good luck.

Musconetcong is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

Sean (Prindle19):

Did you ever get an AUX input added to your existing radio?

I have very similar situation. I want to add an AUX input so I can connect my IPOD directly to the radio. I know I could hook the audio level inputs to connector C3 on the rear of the Cadillac stock head unit (as you point out). However, just like you, I do not have an XM tuner and therefore the XM band does not show up as one of the selectable bands on the head unit.

thanks,
    John

70sschevelledad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx

Hi DanDan i realize this is an old post but i just bought a 2004 srx with no bose/ no xm also and i to am trying to figure a way to add a iphone interface to this stock radio and i am having no luck except for this post . I was wondering since it was so long ago did you get this to work. I noticed that you said you do this all the time . If so any help pics of schematics or where to get the nessasary escalade adaptors would be great Thanks 70sschevelledad

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.