Antenna for Navigation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Antenna for Navigation in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have done the Navigation upgrade on my 2002 STS and the only problem I am having is getting a ...
    TheCadillacKid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS4, 1979, Coupe deVille, 2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Antenna for Navigation

I have done the Navigation upgrade on my 2002 STS and the only problem I am having is getting a satellite signal. The unit I got came with an antenna that was too short to do anything with except leave it under the dash. Does anybody know the part number for the longer antenna so I can put it in the rear deck where it belongs?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Antenna for Navigation

Never mind... Thanks CadillacSTS2003!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...n-non-nav.html

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

lol
    np
    the one included is slightly longer allowing enough room to mount it up under the dash pad

jjm01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS

If you're mounting the original GM antenna # 25731631 under the rear window package shelf, if I'm not mistaken you'll need either cable # 19115355 and # 25680475. You could fabricate your own if you can find RG-174 coax and the connectors.

I think CadillacSTS2003 just mounts it under the defroster grille, and that way window tinting is not an issue - but check his instructions.

The part number you gave for the Antenna is for a Deville. Why do you recommend using the Deville Antenna instead of the Seville Antenna? GM Parts House said it was back ordered and could not do an emergency order with out a Deville VIN. I was going to check the local dealers, but I first wanted to know why you recommend that part number -Thanks

GM #25731631 is the correct antenna for the Denso (not Bose) navigation radio, whether on the DeVille or Seville as well as a number of other GM vehicles that use the Denso nav.

What number do have for the antenna? If the number you have is GM #12450683, that's for the OnStar "navigation antenna" (analog)... in the parts book "navigation antenna" refers to both OnStar and the navigation radio, so make sure you're getting the one for the navigation RADIO.

Is this the Denso or Bose nav we're dealing with. I assume it's the Denso, in which case the antenna should be GM #25731631.

no such thing as a non bose nav radio in any Cadillac that ive ever herd of...
    less someone added a bose nav radio to a non bose system

technically speaking however there is NO bose radio in any cadillac, all are delco radios, the speakers amps and enclosures are however bose

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

You can place it anywhere under the dash with the block side up, plate side down.
    Make sure to keep it away from the center speaker. All it has to do is plug in and receive sat signals.
    The Deville and Seville share the same GPS antenna connection on the radio.

yuh
    close to speaker
    the magnet will cause issues with the antenna

I realize both nav systems are Bose, but when I refer to the Bose nav, I am speaking of the first generation CD-based nav system - which for some reason I seem to recall was largely a Delco-Bose development while the later second generation DVD nav was largely a Denso development. I guess I was just digging a little deeper.

And yes, you are correct they're ALL AC Delco... if there's any doubt warranty units come from AC Delco as do warranty returns.

Quote Originally Posted by jjm01 View Post
    If you're mounting the original GM antenna # 25731631 under the rear window package shelf, if I'm not mistaken you'll need either cable # 19115355 and # 25680475. You could fabricate your own if you can find RG-174 coax and the connectors.

I think CadillacSTS2003 just mounts it under the defroster grille, and that way window tinting is not an issue - but check his instructions.

What do you know about this cable #19115355? I think this is all I really need!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.