DVD and Subs using computer Power ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, DVD and Subs using computer Power ? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; the other week i tried starting my 01 seville sls by my remote start , car died, went into my ...
    GattiB is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

DVD and Subs using computer Power ?

the other week i tried starting my 01 seville sls by my remote start , car died, went into my car started with my key,, it died, gave it some gas to keep rpm's high , she worked . the next week , she started over revving during my drive, almost over heated. took her in for seven hundred dolls worth of work , next day , about to leave work , car wouldnt start , not even with me giving her some gas. took her back, they didnt find anything . next week, during driving to work , Service engine came on, revving high , almost over heated , took her back , they STIL couldnt find nething. Told me theres ALOT of wiring into different circuits within my car, such as ignition andsuch. I told them my remote start has to be wired into that, they said there were a lot of wires though. so i took my car back to the place that originally installed my remote start,DVD , and Subs to make sure its wired correctly. . . my last thread , people were thinkin that they hacked into the wrong circuits and it was taking too much power away from the computer. ..the shop still hasnt called me and they have had it since yesterday . . .what should do , how do i MAKE SURE they're not wiring into the wrong circuit, and is there a specific circuit they should wire into ?? PLEASE HELP

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: DVD and Subs using computer Power ?

to be honest i cant help you as i have no idea what they did to do the install
    being there are so many wires modules and computers in these cars there are so many things i cant even begin to discern what your problem could possibly be...

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

GattiB, Just as several people said in replies to your other two threads concerning woofers and power, there are many circuits in these cars which rely on a fairly stable power supply and also work with other circuits and modules at the same time. Aftermarket installers may or may not follow the wiring diagrams supplied with their equipment.

Without the diagrams and the actual car to compare the wiring installation, it's as STS2003 said: We have no idea what to do. I'll bet that you eventually wind up installing a second battery and wiring for the sound, and probably do a rewire of the remote start. (Remote start has caused troubles for others in here - you're not alone, by a long shot). The DVD system is out of my ballpark.

GattiB is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

you guys have been tremendous help throughout these hard times with me and my baby. . . after taking it to the shop that installed the entertainment stuff, they returned it to me telling me that there was a pinched wire inside my dash, and that was porbably causing the power outages to the computer. so i appreciate all your help peeps . . . until the next time . . . have a great new year

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.