2004 SRX - Replaced Factory Nav
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 2004 SRX - Replaced Factory Nav in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Thanks to help from members of this list, my project is complete! I didn't like the function of the stock ...
    djvirus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

2004 SRX - Replaced Factory Nav

Thanks to help from members of this list, my project is complete!

I didn't like the function of the stock nav system, so I replaced it! Of course, no one makes a harness kit for this conversion (in fact, many stereo places said I couldn't do it at all), but hey - when has that ever stopped someone from trying, right?

The only thing I don't currently have is the DIC, but I am working on a way to get that back into the car (V2 of this install)

Parts used:

Head unit: Kenwood DNX7100 DVD Navigation Receiver
    Adapter 1: PAC OS-2CTS Radio Replace Adapter (cut harnesses)
    Adapter 2: PAC SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface
    Dashkit: Metra SRX Dashkit / Black
    Antenna adapter: VW/Cadillac antenna adapter
    Headrest system: Vizualogic A-1150 replacement headrests

Once I figured out the wiring of the stock unit, I basically just cut, soldered, and plugged everything in. The OEM GPS antenna was the same as the Kenwood one, so I just plugged in the stock one, and everything works great!

I am looking to have a custom wood(esque) piece made to finish the look of the dash, but that is minor for now

The Garmin developed nav system in the Kenwood is AMAZING - the best I have used.

So - here are pics - if you have any questions or are going to do it yourself, just let me know!

Enjoy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GMBOUND is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: 2004 SRX - Replaced Factory Nav

Can the Headrest monitors control the Kenwood DVD player?

Did you buy all your components from Crutchfield?
    Did you use your factory XM tuner.

Ollie8974 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

GMBOUND,

Reveived your PM, Howerver I do not have 20 poste I can not send a PM.

To answer Your question, I installed the Kenwood in a 2002 Escalade,
    The factory changer does not work with the DNX 7100, the Kenwood does have a single disc changer, however I had MX installed so I dont realy use the changer.
    The stearing wheel contrls work. I also have hands free phone interface.
    I too like like the Garmin GPS
    Car Toys installed the unit, so I know nothing about the Installation

moneymatt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have been searching for days for a similar thread, anyways I'm about to install a Pioneer z2 in place of the factory nav and I was hoping you had a wiring diagram for the gm 32 pin harness thats in there. I am also installing new speakers and a 4ch amp so all i really need is the wire colors for the vss, reverse, constant, accessory, and ground. Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.