help..Avic D3 install into 02 dts with stock nav
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, help..Avic D3 install into 02 dts with stock nav in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; i have a stock nav system in my 02 dts but i wanna put in an avic d3...what would i ...
    mrgoodbar67 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac DTS Deville on Vogues and DTS Blades

help..Avic D3 install into 02 dts with stock nav

i have a stock nav system in my 02 dts but i wanna put in an avic d3...what would i have to expect in regards to doing the install. i have onstar, and bose with steering wheels controls. and everything that came premium on that car and i wanna keep all that.

i chose the d3 because the user interface is better than other ones ive seen out there and i dont need a 30 gb hard drive. i also like the ipod controls nav and everything down to the color and background customization. i dont mind shrinking down the screen size by a couple inches either. another question, will the install eliminate anything like that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: help..Avic D3 install into 02 dts with stock nav

not a fun install
    ill buy your stock nav unit btw

youll need to modify the gm99-2002 metra kit for the 98+ Seville Eldo and Deville they only make a single din version the D3 is a double din

youll need the pioneer wheel control module

metra access gmos-06 as your wire harness and to maintain onstar

really? hmmmm.....i was researching a lil today and found the steering wheel control interface by peripheral called the peswips. the site states it will work with aftermarket pioneer hu's. is that fine? for the onstar i found the gmah32 also by peripheral that will supposedly retain onstar and all the chimes back up beeps, onstar, bells and whistles, etc.... is that true? or do you reccommend the ones you listed? again, i wanna keep onstar, bose, back up beeps, and all the bells and whistles....

i went around to an install shop today and they said they would sell and install it for $1450. but said they would use the PAC os-2bose which the package read would retain the onstar and bose and ya da ya da yada....

does that sound right or is that sodomy? i dont wanna get raped like others ive read about on here.

also any cutting of the inside back the dash involved. i just wanna do my homwork before i dive in. thanks

those will only work on hus that have wheel control ability, otherwise youll need the X version which uses a remote signal to adjust the vol.

the gmah32 i have no experience with and to my knowledge no one on the forum has used that yet, i have personally used the gmos-06 and it keeps everything working and as a matter of fact without the control interface it even keeps the ability to adjust the vol(however its actually controlling the amp vol not the hu vol) and the seek works as a fader

the D3 cost 1k were ever you go, i can get one new for 650 though my contacts, so 450 bucks for an install at the 1k price they are making a huge profit

if you were around me id do the install, but your not, anywho let me know about your factory unit

ok so i guess ill use the gmos-06 for onstar, bose, etc...and the peswips for the sterring wheel controls. or do you reccommend another one?

the lowest ebay price ive seen on a new unit has been 726 in total w/ shipping and w/out install. Do you mind helping me get it at the 650 price?

how bout the double din kit and stuff....how much cutting etc?

ill let you know about the stock nav unit but please help me out here.
    thanks

the only way i can get one at the 650 price is for me to actually buy the unit at work

thats a fine list of parts that should do you good, im not 100% about the wheel control readiness of the D3 but id say it has to be, ill check on that

to make a double din kit, youll need to buy a single din, cut the pocket out of the bottom, and then mod the kit to attach the a/c controls, do a search on that the727kid did it on his 97 Eldo

works for me on the nav unit

Well, can you hook me up with that price from work? ill pay the s&h. Do you have paypal?

also, please advise me about the wheel control readiness when you find out.

so..... if i understand correctly,the hardest part of the entire install will be the double din modifyimg of the single din kits right? Which will require cutting, glueing etc,...Will that require cutting of any part of the inside of the dash or just the kit?

all the rest of the radio connections and interface attatchments will just be easy plug and play right?

thanks

i think because you have the DTS and not a standard deville you have room where you wont have to cut the back of the dash

as for the D3 i guess i can, have to check the price 100% though

i hope i wont need to cut. messing with the din kit is enough of a project.

well sounds like a plan. Advise me about the price and steering control when you know.

thanks cadillacsts2003

pops97deville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

i have a 97 deville and am installing a avic z2 i have the whole unit wired except for the reverse signal and the speed sensor (i just dont where they are) i also need to know what i have to cut in the back panel under the dash and is that the ac vent?

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacSTS2003 View Post
    not a fun install
    ....youll need to modify the gm99-2002 metra kit for the 98+ Seville Eldo and Deville they only make a single din version the D3 is a double din
    ....metra access gmos-06 as your wire harness and to maintain onstar
    cadillacsts2003,

where can i find the gm99-2002 metra kit and the gmos-06 interface? Ive checked ebay which has none, and the metra website that only shows me the product pics and specs but no "Buy" option.

the gmos-06 is a special order thing not usually carried, call a major audio shop (ie not best buy, not circuit city but a place that specializes in installs) and tell them you need the metra gmos-06 and the dash kit for your car

http://cgi.ebay.com/1996-2002-CADILL...QQcmdZViewItem
    that kit will work
    say you have a Seville though and they should have it, its the same stuff eldo or seville mention you have bose and need the gmos-06

Thanks. i was searching ebay by entering metra kit and it wouldnt come up. glad you found one and helped me out.

i guess now all i need is the steering wheel control interface and actual avic d3 unit huh?

well let me know as soon as you get a word on the price and steering wheel capablity (if ill need the ASWI-PS or the ASWI-X for wheel control) of the avic d3.

much appreciated

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.