help..Avic D3 install into 02 dts with stock nav - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, help..Avic D3 install into 02 dts with stock nav in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; i will but i still gotta touch it up a bit more. its not sitting as flush as i want ...
    mrgoodbar67 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac DTS Deville on Vogues and DTS Blades

Re: help..Avic D3 install into 02 dts with stock nav

i will but i still gotta touch it up a bit more. its not sitting as flush as i want it to. ima "Attempt" to fix that problem this weekend.

btw, i noticed some weird operations
    1-sometimes the warning chime you hear when the key is in the ignition, comes on.......when my key isnt even in! Whats up with that?
    2-Also i was driving today, like 60+ mph on freeway, when i had to slow down.........i probably went down to about 40 mph. The slow down was not gradual, more like "oh shit traffic is slowing down..." when all of a sudden my unit lost power. i tried pressing any button and still wouldnt turn on. so i had to pull over and restart the car in order for it to turn on again.
    hasnt done it anymore, but i wanna know what happened?

3-when any warning chime or beep comes on,(low gas chime, back up chime, etc...) the radio sound from the stero pauses in order for the chime/beep to be audible......it didnt do that with the stock. with stock you would hear both stereo and chiem at the same time at normal volume. is that normal with GMOS06?

4-also, when the stereo is on an sound is audible, if i move the gear shift from where ever it is initially, (park, reverse, drive) the sound lowers significantly and then resumes normal audio level. Why is this also normal with the GMOS06?

thanks in avadnce an i hope you can help

fyi i posted this reply on the gmos06 problems tread too.

ok good news...sort of.
    i checked the connections, and recrimmped some just to be sure.
    the beeps are not as consistent as a wish they were, but got better.

while i was driving, the unit turned off once today. that was it. then turned back on after like 10 secs...so i still need help in this area. i connected the backup lead to the avic power harness but not to the back up lights yet...its just hanging in the trunk.
    do you think thats what is causing the unit to power down suddenly. maybe it grounds itself like you mentioned earlier. let me know any ideas.

now, the onstar problem i had regarding the screen is fixed so that solves that.

i couldnt get the unit as flush as i thought it would go. dont know why, the stock nav and avic d3 seem to have the same depth............so i left it as is. i dont wanna cut anymore plastic than i had to. plus if i wanna get it in deeper i would have to cut steel and i dont wanna do that.
    so i guess im happy....except for the power thing.

oh and the ill does not automatically turn to night mode so i still gotta rerout that wire to the headlights.
    do you know wher the easiest place would be?

Well this install is finally done......

So any pot-install problems ive ran into and will be running into will be posted at another thread called-
    "Problems w/GMOS06 & Avic D3 in 02 dev w/bose & onstar".

Thanks for the help.

i meant "...Post-Instal...", not Pot.
    Oops.

ok. so im bringing this thread up from the dead because i have a power problem.

so i finally i decided to push in the d3 further an give it a flush look.
    i cut the HARD AS HELL metal that is in the rear of the cavity and was able to push the hu further back.
    i connected it again and of coarse it powered up. but as i was pushing it back in....th power cut out.
    i could tell that the pushing was moving some wire in the back and was causing it to shut off.
    so i pulled it out and power came back on. then i decided to go ahead and push it in and the power came off again.
    i finished the install and now it has no power at all.

no beeps, sounds, nothing.
    i thought maybe i disconnected some wires from the gmos06 so i decided to connect the factory unit to make sure power was being fed from the factory car harness to the gmos06.

well i plugged back in the stock unit and still no power. didnt turn on and, no beeps, sounds, nothing.

what happened?

i already disconnected the ground from the battery, waited.............truned the car on and still no power to radio harness.

HELP!

problem solved.
    replaced fuse 21 under the rear seat.

problem solved.
    replaced fuse 21 under rear seat.

hay sts2003,

im tryinhg to install the pacswips on my car and the directions say to connect the blue interface wire to the "d8 pin on the 40 pin harness next to the steering column". It says itll be dark blue or light green.
    where is this 40 pin harness?
    i think i found it under the column, tucked in somewhere i cant get it...it has a 40 on it.
    how would i tap into it..it looks cramped.
    am i right about the location

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.