Bose system, what sounds best
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Bose system, what sounds best in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I recently bought a 99 SLS, love the car. I have the Bose system with 6 disk changer, and am ...
    Bak
    Bak is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Bose system, what sounds best

I recently bought a 99 SLS, love the car. I have the Bose system with 6 disk changer, and am wondering how what you guys with the same system set your settings at. I have it set to Ambience, and all the sliders set to the middle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1toycad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Bose system, what sounds best

Quote Originally Posted by Bak
    I recently bought a 99 SLS, love the car. I have the Bose system with 6 disk changer, and am wondering how what you guys with the same system set your settings at. I have it set to Ambience, and all the sliders set to the middle.
    I have the same car with the BOSE 400 watts system. The instruction manual indicates that you get better sound reproduction by using the tone controls and turning the DSP off. I find that's true for cassettes, and CDs--either in-dash or changer. The radio, however, sounds better when using DSP.

USMC-STS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I set mine to Front seat, most of the time, with the bass up, mid down, and treble up just past middle.
    '98 STS

Bak
    Bak is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I do like the sound with DSP off and mid down better than any of the presets. Anyone else care to chime in?

STSEli is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 2000 STS with the BOSE and I have it set Dsp off, bass all the way up, mid 1 notch below center, treble all the way up.

I play with DSP once in a while but it adds a lot of coloration to the origional track. Spacious DSP cranked up sounds cool on Sarah Msgloclan's Mirrorball CD though.

-Eli

1toycad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thumbs up Re: Bose system, what sounds best

Quote Originally Posted by Bak
    I do like the sound with DSP off and mid down better than any of the presets. Anyone else care to chime in?
    Ditto!

I listen to a lot of Cuban music, heavy on percussion and brass. The DSP system just muddled the sound. But for the radio, especially talk radio, the DSP system works just fine. Like I wrote before, the owner's manual also suggests that the system will sound better with DSP off.

swimmster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

the settings are all in the type of music you listen to.. I find that classical sounds best with the bass and trebel way up and mid range about mid.. but other music I tend to do alot of adjusting to. after all, that's why the controls are there.. i know it's a pain to have to change them all the time, but I find it's FAR worth the trouble to enjoy music. Like most things, the beauty is in the eye or ear of the beholder. So just adjust everything to your tastes.. I always start with everything in the middle and go up or down one at a time till that frequency range sounds best to ME. It's like art.. everyone has an opinion and everyone hears things just a little bit differently than others.. I've had people ride in my car and say certian music sounds bad to them so when they adjust it to sound good to them, it sounds bad to me. so.. it's pretty much your own guess and preference to what sounds good and how to adjust your settings.. Just find what works best for you.. When trying out new audio equipment, I usually bring a CD with preselected music on it to check various things.. Just a personal preference thing.

Enjoy!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.