What CD-R / CD-RW 's work in the BOSE GOLD (1993) CD PLAYER?!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, What CD-R / CD-RW 's work in the BOSE GOLD (1993) CD PLAYER?! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey guys! Just got this one yesterday, it's cherry with 88k miles. I can't get cd-r's to play in the ...
    jfolker is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What CD-R / CD-RW 's work in the BOSE GOLD (1993) CD PLAYER?!

Hey guys!

Just got this one yesterday, it's cherry with 88k miles. I can't get cd-r's to play in the factory BOSE GOLD cd player. I tried burning them at a slow speed, because sometimes it helps, to no avail. I tried the diff. media i had at the house, imation, memorex and fuji.

If anyone here has this deck or close, and is able to play a cd-r, can you mark down what brand the cd is so I can experiment with those?

Thanks,
    jf

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Re: What CD-R / CD-RW 's work in the BOSE GOLD (1993) CD PLAYER?!

I would doubt that any CD-RW's would work in a '93 cd player.

But I can't think of any reason why a CD-R wouldn't work, unless you're choosing a wrong option when you're burning the CD. Just copying the .WAV files down to the CD isn't enough. There's some kind of option you have to choose before ejecting the CD that makes it permanent and readable to other units. And it also prevents you from ever writing to that CD again. I've forgotten what it is, though.

I know that CD-R's will work in a '96 cd player and later, because I tried one that I had burned in a Fleetwood that I test drove.

You mean closing the session, no that's not the problem. The session is closed on the discs and i've tried burning disc-at-once as well as track-at-once to no avail.

I don't care about playing CD-RW's, but sometimes they work better in devices such as older DVD players because the film composition is closer to DVD than CD-R and it will play. It was a long shot for it to work in the Caddy.

Someone help! I know someone with a 93 or older plays burned CD-R's, so PLEASE TAKE 3 MINUTES TO RUN TO THE RIDE AND FIND A DISC THAT PLAYS.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

-jf

*bump*
    do i own the only 93 with a factory cd player?

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

Quote Originally Posted by jfolker
    You mean closing the session, no that's not the problem. The session is closed on the discs and i've tried burning disc-at-once as well as track-at-once to no avail.

I don't care about playing CD-RW's, but sometimes they work better in devices such as older DVD players because the film composition is closer to DVD than CD-R and it will play. It was a long shot for it to work in the Caddy.

Someone help! I know someone with a 93 or older plays burned CD-R's, so PLEASE TAKE 3 MINUTES TO RUN TO THE RIDE AND FIND A DISC THAT PLAYS.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

-jf
    I dont think the laser-pickup can read the data.

Sure it can, just not off my CD-R's... Regular CD's play fine.

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

Sure it can, just not off my CD-R's... Regular CD's play fine.
    You say "regular CDs" do you mean CDs burned from another computer than yours?

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Well to me regular CDs are normal music CDs so I'm assuming that's what jfolker means.

The CD player in my 1991 will play CDRs but it doesn't seem to like it too much when you hit the button to goto the next song. Most of the time it takes longer to find it and then it spits the CD out with an error message.

Aurora By Olds is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 DTS

My old '89 park ave ultra would play them just fine in the stock player.
    Make sure they will play in a different CD player (i.e. one in your house) before trying them in the car. It may need to be cleaned as well, because the older (and newer seems like) stock CD players don't like CD-R's that much.
    Other than that, it seems that you've tried every other option available to burn the CD, so you just might be out of luck here..

bob2231 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Hey guys!

Just got this one yesterday, it's cherry with 88k miles. I can't get cd-r's to play in the factory BOSE GOLD cd player. I tried burning them at a slow speed, because sometimes it helps, to no avail. I tried the diff. media i had at the house, imation, memorex and fuji.

If anyone here has this deck or close, and is able to play a cd-r, can you mark down what brand the cd is so I can experiment with those?

Thanks,
    jf
    Memorex, AT&T and Pioneer all work in mine. The head unit came from a 93 or 94, I can't remember. Sorry.
    Just to clarify, I only make back-ups of disks I bought.
    Bob

Thanks, i'll try burning these Memorex a little slower, but this is a good Sony dvd burner... Yes by regular cd's i meant store bought -- i cringe at paying 15/CD just to line execs already fat pockets.

I'm in the business, artists make JACK off CDs, so don't feel bad, long live P2P!!

Thanks for the quick responses, this is a great forum...

91 Eldo TC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): El Dawg

I use memorex cd/r's and never had a problem playing them in my 1991 bose radio.It is better to pay more for cd/r's there is a difference between the cheap ones and the ones that cost a bit more.If you can find the colored cd's called Hypermedia get them...there the best ones I have found and they are fairly priced.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.