DO NOT buy the GMRC-03 interface, they don't solve the sleep mode problem!!!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, DO NOT buy the GMRC-03 interface, they don't solve the sleep mode problem!!!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; egarcia41 If you want to use the factory speakers you first have to make sure it's not factory amplified or ...
    BigOLak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

Re: DO NOT buy the GMRC-03 interface, they don't solve the sleep mode problem!!!!

egarcia41

If you want to use the factory speakers you first have to make sure it's not factory amplified or bose. I'm pretty sure if you don't have a factory CD player or CD changer that your system is not amplified and not bose. With that out of the way you need to scroll up this thread and find rcopp's post. Go to his homepage then to car maintenance and then to "cadillacradioandsoundinstallationnotes.html ". you'll find everything you need there including part numbers and retailers. Good luck, you can do it. I did and it worked great.

K_cin_az is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado ESC

Re: DO NOT buy the GMRC-03 interface, they don't solve the sleep mode problem!!!!

anyone who is looking to install aftermarket hu in 96-02 eldorado make sure to read this thread!!! I didn't come across it until after I had a new aftermarket installed with the grmc-03 and I got all the sleep mode problems. Luckily for me Timothyr from the board lives somewhat down the street from me and he is going to help me correct the problems by installing the factory hu in the trunk.

brianroark is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 Devil, 93 Deville, 84 Cuttylac built 350 olds, Arctic Cat

what is all of this, i have a 98 deville base tape player, no amp no bose, should i have to do this, most of the time my car is fine, once or twice i had a problem with the alarm and trip gugage, etc resetting, also my constant power seems to not be so constant. i dont have dtcs, onstar or anything in my radio just stock radio with maybe a tech 2 function to light all leds. is this the problem everyones having? the problem didnt surface until two weeks later. the radio works fine car seemed fine then got a problem with my alarm. i ran a switched power wire to the radio and thinking about a ground now. it just seems like a big pain to do all that stuff unless you have your dtc and other functions ran through the radio. i know there is an antitheft function with the radio. talk to me.

FirstString is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Deville

I actually called the manufacture and explained to them what people were saying on here... you should call their tech support... if you dont install this right it will NOT work right...

CadEElac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Seville STS

i bought this damn harness for my pops' 97 eldorado and it does not hold memory and at times it won't come on at start up and at times it does not turn off either, can some body please tell me how to solve this problem!!!!

Atomacelli407 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Seville

Hey I just got a 1999 seville sls everything run great electronics no leaks or headgasket issues, but I want to put an aftermarket headunit and 2 15s in it in it Ive done 10 systems in my 1994 seville was easy in other cars but it seems overwhelming in this car after all these stories you think its just safer to take it to best buy and let them do - thanks Alex Im in orlando fl

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.